AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Manley Labs (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Manley Forum (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=16381)

Musicophile 10-20-2012 01:39 PM

I'm a huge Manley fan and just found this site. Not sure how you do it, but it can't be all-bad to introduce my self. I have been using Manley gear for the last 4 years. First I got the Snappers, used with a Leben RS-28CX preamp: great synergy. However, the Neo-Classic 300B preamp was an object of desire. And it bested the Leben, and stayed ☺ And, a week ago I also got a pair of Neo-Classic 300B SE/PP monoblocks. I can’t believe what I hear in single ended use: powerful, dynamic and funky music. Together with the 300B preamp it present an enormous soundstage.

Jerome W 10-20-2012 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Musicophile
I'm a huge Manley fan and just found this site. Not sure how you do it, but it can't be all-bad to introduce my self. I have been using Manley gear for the last 4 years. First I got the Snappers, used with a Leben RS-28CX preamp: great synergy. However, the Neo-Classic 300B preamp was an object of desire. And it bested the Leben, and stayed ☺ And, a week ago I also got a pair of Neo-Classic 300B SE/PP monoblocks. I can’t believe what I hear in single ended use: powerful, dynamic and funky music. Together with the 300B preamp it present an enormous soundstage.

Musicophile : Welcome to AA ! :wave:
I feel less alone now with my 300B preamp !
I use it with various amps including the Snappers and it is a wonderful preamp.
Which speakers do you use ?
Feel free to post a pic of your system : we love pics !

Sent from my iPhone using A.Aficionado

bzr 10-21-2012 02:09 AM

Musicophile, :tiphat: :welcome2.:

Musicophile 10-21-2012 04:41 AM

Thanks guys :thankyouspin:

I listen to a pair of Tannoy Prestige Kensington SE. I just love Tannoy. Actually it was Tannoy speakers that I decided to build my system around. And, then I started to read on about gear that is known to match with Tannoy. I read about EveAnna’s system, and made an appointment with a dealer to demo Manley and Tannoy. I was totally hooked!

The biggest surprise with the Neo-Classic 300B SE/PP is how well they drive Kensington. Kensington is 93dB, so it is not that sensitive. However, it seems that they have an easy impedance curve.

Musicophile 10-21-2012 04:46 AM

It doesn't seem that the posting rules let me attach pictures yet. I have to post 5 replies on already established threads before I may, or?

Musicophile 11-04-2012 12:31 PM

Anyone else pairing their Manley gear with Tannoy? It is a combination that just fit!

zappadaddy 03-09-2013 05:49 AM

My set up is with Tannoy Westminster Royal/Manley NEO500

Musicophile 03-10-2013 03:48 AM

:thumbsup: wow! I would love to listen to your system zappadaddy. At least you have enough power:D

Markum 01-11-2017 09:24 AM

Hi just trying to post a new thread on a 300b neoclassic preamp ,IDK.if I need to have more posts,I'm a newbie

vinod_david 01-14-2017 12:15 PM

Markum, welcome to AA.