AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Simaudio Moon (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=169)
-   -   Simaudio MOON Neo 260D Transport Arrived (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=42138)

John49 02-09-2018 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 898214)
John49.......And had Simaudio done that you would be posting, "WTF is that stupid dummy button for." :D

I think the transport controls are quite intuitive in the manner laid out.

Haha. I know Dan, just my insomniac’s sense of fun. While reading your earlier post, I looked across at my rack and saw my Simaudio 700i and 430HAD both had balanced buttons left and right. I like that... [emoji3]

Down Under 02-09-2018 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 898216)
Serge.......I have almost six hours on the MOON Neo 260D transport now. That's not many but man oh man is it sounding good with the Yggdrasil. This is a serious combination for CD playback.

I agree that it really does sound good out of the box.
Does the Yggy not have a AES/EBU input as I found this to sound the best in my system.
Hope you continue to enjoy one of the few true high end bargains.
Ross.

jdandy 02-09-2018 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Down Under (Post 898226)
I agree that it really does sound good out of the box.
Does the Yggy not have a AES/EBU input as I found this to sound the best in my system.
Hope you continue to enjoy one of the few true high end bargains.
Ross.

Ross.......Yes, the Yggdrasil and the MOON Neo 260D both have AES/EBU connectivity. I only have the Wireworld Silver Starlight coaxial cable at this time, although I am considering purchasing an AES/EBU interconnect, perhaps a Wireworld Gold one.

jdandy 02-09-2018 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHC1 (Post 898193)
Congrats Dan! I purchased a preowned 260D from a fellow AA member today. Gumby is now sold as well and I have a few options open to me but will probably follow the YggY path. :D

Serge.......I saw you jump on that MOON Neo 260D transport, and found myself nodding in agreement at the wise move. You are going to like this transport. I have 18 hours on mine now. It is sounding so darn good this morning I can hardly believe it. The MOON Neo 260D and the new Yggdrasil are a home run package. I am looking forward to your impressions.

PHC1 02-09-2018 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 898271)
Serge.......I saw you jump on that MOON Neo 260D transport, and found myself nodding in agreement at the wise move. You are going to like this transport. I have 18 hours on mine now. It is sounding so darn good this morning I can hardly believe it. The MOON Neo 260D and the new Yggdrasil are a home run package. I am looking forward to your impressions.

Dan, I put an inquiry in to Schiit regarding Yggdrasil. My questions were answered in an email a few hours later:

1. Does the "analog 2" update cover all the outputs, RCA and XLR?
The answer was "YES" for all the outputs.

2. Is the AES/EBU in any way an inferior input.
The answer was: "AES/EBU" is the "preferred" input by the designer.

A good quality AES/EBU sounds like a worthwhile investment to extract maximum potential from that input. :yes:

Down Under 02-09-2018 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 898271)

It's great that you can have truly first class digital with this combination of products at a price that many can afford.
Ross.