AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Bryston Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Model T Speakers (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=21383)

melody3310 07-12-2014 02:09 PM

Hello James, what's the shipping weight for a pair of Model T? Is there a different in weight between the standard and upgrade wood finish models?

James Tanner - Bryston 07-12-2014 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melody3310 (Post 623000)
Hello James, what's the shipping weight for a pair of Model T? Is there a different in weight between the standard and upgrade wood finish models?

Hi

They weigh a lot - 115 lbs each shipping. We have to ship on a skid.

No difference with vinyl finish vs upgrade. We are only doing Vinyl finish now as a special order in the T Series as 90% of our sales were in wood.

james

prepress 07-12-2014 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Tanner - Bryston (Post 623011)
Hi

They weigh a lot - 115 lbs each shipping. We have to ship on a skid.

No difference with vinyl finish vs upgrade. We are only doing Vinyl finish now as a special order in the T Series as 90% of our sales were in wood.

james

So that's a reversal of the original setup, meaning the vinyl finish was standard before? I haven't seen either version in person but would imagine wood looks nicer and so is more popular.

melody3310 07-13-2014 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prepress (Post 623045)
So that's a reversal of the original setup, meaning the vinyl finish was standard before? I haven't seen either version in person but would imagine wood looks nicer and so is more popular.

My thinking Bryston speaker like the premium badge of Axiom so people would opt for the wood. Just like Lexus/Acura vs Toyota/Honda.

James Tanner - Bryston 07-18-2014 12:41 PM

HI Folks,

Sneak Peek:

Have an excellent review coming shortly on the Bryston Middle T speakers in Home Theater Review magazine by Brent Butterworth.

Performance:

I’m just gonna cut to the chase and say that the Middle T sounded so good that I listened to it mostly just for pure pleasure.

Whenever I picked up a new (or old) record or bought a new download off Amazon, I was always eager to hear how it sounded through the Brystons. That’s not usually the case with speakers I have in for review; typically I focus on getting the review done so that I can get back to my (EDIT).

James Tanner - Bryston 07-21-2014 07:04 AM

Hi James,

Hope you are doing well. The tweeters seemed to have passed the break-in period. I was expecting more or better treble, and instead witnessed a significant personality change of the speakers. It's like another dimension was added. The added sense of air, reality, clarity, space, and definition is really incredible - both in stereo and surround sound.

You and your team have exceeded expectations again - thank you, well done!

Respectfully,
Marc

Thanks Marc,

The new tweeter is much better at producing energy on and off axis and the resonance point has been lowered substantially so I agree it manifests itself on a much more dimensional sonic presentation. Enjoy!!

james

James Tanner - Bryston 07-21-2014 02:51 PM

Hi Folks,

Sneak Peek:

Sound and Vision magazine in the USA did a review on a complete Bryston Speaker Surround System. Mini T's (L.R.), AC-1 Mini Center, Mini A's (Surrounds) and Mini T Sub.

COMMENT:

With final placement settled, what I encountered was exceptionally neutral, uncolored reproduction, with as complete an absence of discrete response anomalies as I’ve ever heard.

James Tanner - Bryston 07-23-2014 07:43 PM

DEALER FEEDBACK:

Hi James,

We have the Bryston A1 speakers hooked up to the 28 monos and they are incredible.

The dynamics and visceral impact is first class. Right out of the box we knew they're special and they've improved noticeably over the week.

We definitely have a winner on our hands : )

Best Regards,
Robert
Audio Eden

James Tanner - Bryston 07-24-2014 02:30 PM

Hi Folks,

Sneak Peek - Review on Bryston A3 Speaker from Secrets of Home Theater coming soon:

Teaser Text

The Model A3 is the smallest floor-standing speaker in the new A series from Bryston.

It is well suited for a two-channel system that requires a compact floor-standing speaker. It is capable on its own of full range music playback without a subwoofer. The Model A3’s sound is neutral and it can be driven to high SPLs without sounding strained. The Model A3 is detailed and accurate. Its sound quality will satisfy regardless of listening preferences.

Travis

dznutz 07-26-2014 04:08 PM

Mr Tanner,

I had an opportunity to audition the Middle T's yesterday. They were still using the older tweeter but I thought I would give them a go. One thing that really stood out to me is that on complex passages, with either multiple voices or multiple instruments, the speakers sounded congested and had trouble remaining clear. Keep in mind that the tracks I used I am very familiar with and know what should and shouldn't be audible. Let me know your thoughts