AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Bryston Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Model T Speakers (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=21383)

Bigalsworth 03-22-2014 09:44 PM

I hope Pulsworks has got the Model A's in. I will be there next week and would like to demo them.

James Tanner - Bryston 03-27-2014 10:06 PM

Subject: Re: OCF - b-135 integrated vs middle t speakers
Date: March 27, 2014
To: James Tanner

Hi James,

i’ve got my brand new MiddleT speakers I bought at Audioville,

i don`t what to say,just incredible!

The sound,the finish, in French we say ``malade``I wish and i am sure you’ll have a big success with this speakers,what ever the MiddleT or the others models.

Thank you.

Yves

James Tanner - Bryston 03-31-2014 05:11 AM

Hi Bryston,

I've owned a pair of Middle T's for a few months now and over that period of time several friends have had a chance to hear them.

The phrase I hear most often (after turn it up a bit) is "They are so clear". By that they mean you can hear everything. Nothing is obscured and you don't have to stain to hear it. Old records sound new again because your picking up on a lot of little things that have been buried in other speakers. Now I'm looking at getting a 4BSST2. I have a tendency to turn up the volume a bit more than usual because of how good they sound that my 3BSST clips. Really its not a bad problem to have.

Well done Bryston!! Killer speakers.

Dave Herman
16 March at 11:02

lakesailor 03-31-2014 12:32 PM

After following the Model T thread on here closely I was looking forward to finally hearing them in person at SSI in Montreal. I toured the show from top to bottom meaning I encountered the Model T`s after listening to speakers such as Tannoy Canterbury`s, Focal Stella Utpoia`s, Harbeth 40.1`s, MBL 101 E MK II, Kef Blades and many others.

I am normally somewhat of a skeptic and don`t often use words like “blown away” lightly – however when I first heard the Bryston Model “T” I quickly began to understand why a 15 page thread has emerged here on AA about them. I was so impressed I came back Sunday morning early to hear them again. Was fortunate to meet James Tanner in person (great guy) and we listened to Chris Rea’s Daytona together.

One thing I noted about many of the speakers I heard at SSI is that they excelled at many things but would sometimes struggle in other areas. The Model “T” is a speaker that does it all. Very articulate and detailed in the highs, great texture and body in the mid-range, and very authoritative in the lower end without being sloppy. It is a speaker that is very engaging and makes you want to turn it up and hear your music. It seems odd to call a $7500 speaker one of the best bargains of the show, but compared too many speakers costing 2x – 3X (or more) it truly is. This speaker is to the point where I would caution someone looking for a speaker of this size/price range to not take the time to audition the Model T – it is that good. I don’t believe I met a single person at SSI who did not share similar views after hearing the Model “T”.

Probably my only complaint is that I didn’t get a chance to hear some of the other Bryston speakers in the smaller size ranges – however the Model “T” is a must hear. It is that enjoyable. Thanks to James Tanner for taking the time to demonstrate a great product.

Manbient 04-07-2014 03:52 PM

My Middle T's came in the other day... I'm in the middle of renovations to my listening space though and I don't want to break em out with the mess all around so they'll probably have to sit in the box for a couple more weeks.... Torture, I tell you! I put them in place still in the boxes yesterday just to see how... the boxes fit in I guess haha. May not be able to resist that long.

James Tanner - Bryston 04-07-2014 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manbient (Post 597127)
My Middle T's came in the other day... I'm in the middle of renovations to my listening space though and I don't want to break em out with the mess all around so they'll probably have to sit in the box for a couple more weeks.... Torture, I tell you! I put them in place still in the boxes yesterday just to see how... the boxes fit in I guess haha. May not be able to resist that long.

I would sneak them out one night late and get some tunes going:banana::music:

james

James Tanner - Bryston 04-09-2014 05:24 AM

A while ago, Inner Ear Editor Ernie Fisher wrote a "Short & Sweet" review of the Bryston Mini-T loudspeaker.

We just received this review from Allen Edelstein, gave it a read and found it to be a very interesting take on the Mini-T and thought we'd post it Allen Edelstein. Click the link to read the complete unedited review - probably the longest review we have ever published over the last twenty-five years but the Mini T deserves it. We hope you enjoy it.

The Inner Ear Magazine - Discover High End

James Tanner - Bryston 04-09-2014 10:25 AM

Hi Folks,

Bryston Subwoofer starting to impress the Pro Movie Studio market:

Dear James,

I watched a movie with an interesting sound track/score last night (The Place Beyond The Pines by Derek Cianfrance). It was my first movie with the new soffit mounted speaker/Bryston Mini T subwoofer set up. I watched the movie with Natalie last night and we agreed that it sounded awesome - the best our room has sounded for film and TV, accurately reproducing the sound of a movie or film mixing theatre.

The Bryston Mini T Sub has a lovely, unobtrusive character that reveals itself with both quiet and loud passages. I don't think I would have been able to pull off the switch to soffit mounted speakers at home with a lesser sub. All speakers a now set to small, so the sub doing all the work below 80hz. The integration between the Bryston Mini T-sub and my small front wall speakers is excellent, especially noticeable with the centre speaker. This is no small feat!

Thanks so much for helping me explore, discover and build great audio environments for both music and cinema. I'm very excited to hear how my new TV show Penny Dreadful (for Showtime in the U.S.) translates to home. We're about three episodes into creating the sound for the first season. It's going to be something special. I can't wait for you to hear it.

David McCallum
Tattersall Sound & Picture

James Tanner - Bryston 04-12-2014 12:53 PM

Hi Folks,

Here is a French review of the Bryston Mini T speakers. I will have an English translation shortly but have included the Conclusion in English for now.

In conclusion

The Bryston company had two major objectives in the design of their range of speakers, the first being to reproduce music naturally and precisely and second to ensure that its speakers can play a volume levels that capture the full musical scope of concert music without introducing distortion or dynamic compression.

A final specification from Bryston was to build a high quality speaker that was affordable. It may be difficult for some of us to accept a bookshelf style speaker that costs more than $ 2,500 is considered " affordable," but when comparing the sound quality of Mini-T vis-à-vis to what other manufacturers offer, we immediately see that Bryston is really giving us a bargain! Even adding the cost of a good pair of stands on which to place the Mini -T , the Mini T is capable of performance that can easily rival (if not exceed ) that of freestanding speakers and a price comparable with a guarantee 20 years Bryston . Well ...

The Bryston speakers really do create a ‘suspension of disbelief’. What we are trying to say here is that an audio system should ideally exceed the limits of the recording media and transport us to the stage as if in a live performance.

The aim sought by Bryston with Mini -T speakers is to offer its customers a higher level of disbelief ... Mission accomplished.

James Tanner - Bryston 04-13-2014 07:11 AM

MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: Bryston Mini T Review – HIFI ZINE

Conclusion:

“The Bryston Mini T speaker by name but not by nature, these speakers are true high-end products when it comes to sound.

Easy to place, offering accurate, smooth, highly satisfying sound, there is little to quibble about here. Partner with appropriately powered amps, feed them some music, then just enjoy the result!”

Complete review please click here:

Bryston Mini-T Loudspeakers