AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Manley Labs (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Manley customer service (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=20045)

taters 03-21-2013 02:44 AM

Manley customer service

I called 2 times last week and left 2 messages. It's a week later and still haven't got a call back.

essjay 03-21-2013 04:40 AM

i am pretty sure their founder died recently so they may still be reeling from that...

enit 03-21-2013 06:28 AM

Yep... "(

Sent from my iPhone using A.Aficionado

taters 03-21-2013 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by essjay (Post 464367)
i am pretty sure their founder died recently so they may still be reeling from that...

As far as I know David Manley had nothing to do with Manley Labs. Eva Marie Manley runs the business.

altbrewer 03-21-2013 07:58 AM

I believe that David and EveAnna Manley started Manley Labs before he retired and that they were married for a while.

Even so, surely they have other staff who could continue with routine business during this time of loss (which occurred in December, BTW).

taters 03-21-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by altbrewer (Post 464414)
I believe that David and EveAnna Manley started Manley Labs before he retired and that they were married for a while.

Even so, surely they have other staff who could continue with routine business during this time of loss (which occurred in December, BTW).

You would think so.

jdandy 03-21-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taters (Post 464347)
I called 2 times last week and left 2 messages. It's a week later and still haven't got a call back.

taters.......Why have you waited a week without calling back yourself? The squeaky wheel gets the grease. :yes:

mbovaird 03-21-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 464449)

taters.......Why have you waited a week without calling back yourself? The squeaky wheel gets the grease. :yes:

Or the wrath! :D.

rscotth 03-21-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 464449)

.....and sometimes a new wheel bearing!

jdandy 03-21-2013 09:51 AM

This seems unusual for Manley, especially since the majority of the comments I have read over the years about the company say their support is very good.

Jerome W 03-21-2013 09:52 AM

Manley customer service is among the very best in the galaxy.
Maybe they were in holidays ?
You can send an email directly to EveAnna and she will reply to you for sure.

jdandy 03-21-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerome W (Post 464470)

Jérôme.......Good morning. Nice to see your post. :thumbsup:

Jerome W 03-21-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy

Jérôme.......Good morning. Nice to see your post. :thumbsup:

Thanks Dan :wave:

Down Under 03-23-2013 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 464469)
This seems unusual for Manley, especially since the majority of the comments I have read over the years about the company say their support is very good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerome W (Post 464470)

This thread may be more well known for your return:yes:

jdandy 03-23-2013 12:42 PM

taters.......It's been a few days now since you commented on Manley's customer service not making you happy. Is that it, or are you following through with Manley to get your problem resolved?

taters 03-23-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 465641)
taters.......It's been a few days now since you commented on Manley's customer service not making you happy. Is that it, or are you following through with Manley to get your problem resolved?

I reached out to them 2 times and never got a return call. I'll see Eva Marie at the Newport show and tell her what happened.

jdandy 03-23-2013 02:24 PM

taters.......What is the issue with Manley that you need help with? Do you have a Manley component with a problem?

taters 03-23-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 465676)
taters.......What is the issue with Manley that you need help with? Do you have a Manley component with a problem?

It was just an Inquiry.

jdandy 03-23-2013 02:43 PM

Taters.......Why not just call the dealer that's close to you?

taters 03-23-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 465682)
Taters.......Why not just call the dealer that's close to you?

The only dealer I know that carries Manley is 100 miles away. That's the reason I called. I was trying to find a closer dealer.

jdandy 03-23-2013 06:13 PM

taters.......100 miles isn't a bad drive. My McIntosh dealer is 60 miles from my home. The next closest audio dealers are 100 miles away. It's just one of the prices I pay to live in beautiful rural north Florida. Heck, I have to drive 14 miles to get to the grocery store. :)

taters 03-24-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 465789)
taters.......100 miles isn't a bad drive. My McIntosh dealer is 60 miles from my home. The next closest audio dealers are 100 miles away. It's just one of the prices I pay to live in beautiful rural north Florida. Heck, I have to drive 14 miles to get to the grocery store. :)

I guess I'm just spoiled. I have 6 high-end dealers within 30 minutes of where I live.

AudioGremlin 03-26-2013 01:02 PM

I contacted EveAnna yesterday with a question about the Steelhead, I received a reply from her within a few hours. Their customer service is excellent so I can't think why you're having a problem getting any reply.

taters 03-26-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioGremlin (Post 467480)
I contacted EveAnna yesterday with a question about the Steelhead, I received a reply from her within a few hours. Their customer service is excellent so I can't think why you're having a problem getting any reply.

Because I'm dealing with her flunkies!

jdandy 03-26-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taters (Post 467638)
Because I'm dealing with her flunkies!

taters.......Your comment is way off base. A company's employees are not, as you say, flunkies. In my opinion, that attitude speaks more about you than Manley's team of good people. It is disappointing to see this response from you.

taters 03-26-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 467648)
taters.......Your comment is way off base. A company's employees are not, as you say, flunkies. In my opinion, that attitude speaks more about you than Manley's team of good people. It is disappointing to see this response from you.

I called them 2 times and left messages. I never heard back from them. Maybe flunkies is a bit extreme. I really get upset when I see bad customer service.

jdandy 03-26-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taters (Post 467704)
I called them 2 times and left messages. I never heard back from them. Maybe flunkies is a bit extreme. I really get upset when I see bad customer service.

taters.......All this because you haven't been contacted so you can find a Manley dealer within your comfort zone of travel? Really?

Here is EveAnna Manley's email address from their website. It took me 15 seconds to find it. I recommend you adjust your tone while communicating with her if you actually expect a response. emanley@manleylabs.com

SPaulC 03-26-2013 10:44 PM

Prompt response to inquiry

This is just my second post on the forum, so please indulge me.
My experience with Manley responsiveness just last week:
Within 12 hours of sending an email inquiry to EveAnna Manley I received a response. I am interested in the Chinook phono stage (or should I go for broke and get the Steelhead?...but I digress) and was inquiring about the current Manley dealers in my area. In fact, I had a follow-up question and got a response within 2 hours. I was impressed.

jdandy 03-26-2013 11:02 PM

SPaulC.......Welcome to Audio Aficionado. :wave:

Your comment is far more typical of the comments I have read for years about Manley Labs. Thanks for letting us know of your experience.

LordoftheRingsEE 03-27-2013 12:27 AM

-- Hi SPaulC! :cheers:

* Two years at AA and only two posts. ...You must have more to say than that. ;)

Bob

BTW, EveAnna is truly a lovely name.

Jerome W 03-27-2013 04:04 AM

This reflects my personal experience too.

When you become a Manley owner, you enter in a family and the Mom AND the workers takes good care of you. Simply awesome.

taters 03-28-2013 02:53 PM

I talked with Eva Marie yesterday and told her what happened. She apologized to me and said she would look into it. She does have a dealer local to me but he doesn't have the piece I want to demo.

AudioNut 03-28-2013 03:14 PM

All that being the case and being said, I think you should ask Ivan to change the name of this thread to something a little more in keeping with the results you have encountered.

"Really disappointed with Manley customer service" does not express the tone of the thread

Julian

bart 03-28-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioNut (Post 468662)
All that being the case and being said, I think you should ask Ivan to change the name of this thread to something a little more in keeping with the results you have encountered.

"Really disappointed with Manley customer service" does not express the tone of the thread

Julian

I agree. :thumbsup:

Jerome W 03-28-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taters
I talked with Eva Marie yesterday and told her what happened. She apologized to me and said she would look into it. She does have a dealer local to me but he doesn't have the piece I want to demo.

What an incredible lady. She apologizes while she had no reasons to do so.
As far as I know, the companies do not have to answer phone calls from customers. That is the role of the dealers.

jdandy 03-28-2013 04:47 PM

taters.......Are you happy now?

http://www.shawnolson.net/media/1/im...le_cartoon.jpg

:lmao: . . . :lmao: . . . :lmao:

petro85 03-28-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 468692)
taters.......Are you happy now?

http://www.shawnolson.net/media/1/im...le_cartoon.jpg

:lmao: . . . :lmao: . . . :lmao:

Lmao!!!
I too was trying to find a dealer near me. (There is one very far from me)
I called manley and the guy transferred me to Eve Anna's voicemail. I was thinking that I just want a dealer not to speak with the owner.lol
But I left a message and next morning I got a call from a dealer. Who was very helpful. :thumbsup:

Masterlu 03-28-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioNut (Post 468662)

Julian

:superman:

Sproink 07-21-2013 10:32 AM

I've always had excellent response and service from Manley (studio and audio). EveAnna also steps in from time to time (it also helps that I know her, but I often deal with her capable staff).

AudioGremlin 07-21-2013 11:00 AM

I would second Sproink's reply. I've found Manley's customer service to be second to none. Often you'll get a response from EveAnna herself. I don't know of many companies that will provide such prompt well informed and friendly responses from the boss herself! Its like you've joined a big family, a really nice warm feeling. And of course its also awsome equipment :-)