AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Travel & Leisure (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   Time to travel again? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=48842)

crwilli 02-14-2022 10:50 PM

We are in Bluffton.

Formerly YB-2 03-01-2022 07:51 AM

Things are looking up for our trip to Bilbao and on up thru San Sebastian, Biarritz, Bordeaux & on to Paris next month. 'Bout time.

FreddieFerric 03-01-2022 10:03 AM

It's Mardi Gras today down here in the Big Sleazy. Any members come down for the debauchery?

80B 03-02-2022 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 (Post 1056249)
Things are looking up for our trip to Bilbao and on up thru San Sebastian, Biarritz, Bordeaux & on to Paris next month. 'Bout time.

Nice, I have fond memories of San Sebastian long ago. We will be on a different trajectory in that neighborhood next month, starting in Madrid, but heading west after we get to the coast of Asturias, then down through Portugal.

Formerly YB-2 03-02-2022 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 80B (Post 1056311)
Nice, I have fond memories of San Sebastian long ago. We will be on a different trajectory in that neighborhood next month, starting in Madrid, but heading west after we get to the coast of Asturias, then down through Portugal.

Madrid is one of our favorite cities with the excellent museums and the 'old town' area between the Fuente de Neptuno, Plaza Mayor & Plaza del Sol. Full of tapas bars & restaurants. Will you be walking/biking any of the Camino de Santiago while in Asturias? Have wanted to do so, but so many places to see and so little time.
We will be in Lisbon this trip, but only for a day before heading up to A Coruna and on to Bilbao. Am guessing a Douro river cruise is in our future.
Have a great trip. :thumbsup:

Doug Lax 03-02-2022 12:04 PM

Gearing up to go to San Juan and Rio Grande . I look forward to hiking in El Yunque and swimming at Flamenco Beach !

Formerly YB-2 03-07-2022 08:18 AM

We're making up for lost time (covid restrictions). Month in Spain & France followed by a few days in Ottawa for the Tulip Festival (quite the display of color) and then back to Spain & France in early fall. Am guessing winter will bring another trip to warmer climes, but not sure if we will do Jekyll Island or the French Riviera or somewhere else. Gas prices might help dictate our choice.

Formerly YB-2 04-11-2022 10:00 PM

Got our 2nd booster shots early last week and catching a 10:35 flight in the morning on our way to Lisbon, Santiago de Compostela, the Guggenheim in Bilbao, then San Sebastian, Biarritz, Bordeaux & Paris. Back mid-May. Will celebrate my wife's b'day and our 31st anniversary this trip (always something to celebrate :thumbsup:).
Maybe my new Pass Labs will be ready to ship by then. Fingers crossed.

Antonmb 04-12-2022 12:48 AM

Bon voyage Glenn, sounds like a great trip.

Formerly YB-2 04-28-2022 12:48 PM

Had a nice day in Ponta Degada and can say that Santiago de Compestela, both the church related parts and the 'old town' are so much larger and nicer than we had imagined that we look forward to a longer stay next time. One day is not enough.
In Bilbao. Dinner in Old Town tonight.
Tickets for the Guggenheim tomorrow.
Will post pic's once I figure out how to do so from my phone (or when we get home).