AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Infinity Speakers (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   New Infinity Forum (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=27452)

kurtgo 01-29-2018 01:08 AM

Thanks Masterlu. Looks like an interesting place to be.

gbaby 04-09-2018 03:23 PM

MasterLu, how about changing the slogan for Infinity from "Pursuit of Perfect Sound" to its original slogan of "There is Nothing Beyond Infinity.":yes:

Crumhorn 04-21-2018 04:17 PM

I still have an IRS Beta system that I bought new. It replaced a pair of RS2-Bs.

I've heard the IRSs a few times - very impressive! (And too tall to even fit in my apartment! :))

SOTA Cosmos (vacuum, Electronic Flywheel), SME V, Koetsu Rosewood Signature
Esoteric X-05 SACD player, Alesis ML-9600 mastering CD burner, Nakamichi 700 ZXE Cassette Deck!
Pass Labs XP-15 phono stage
Pass Labs XP-30 (with Revelation Audio Labs 'Passage' CryoSilver Reference DualConduit DB-25 umbilical cables) & Hovland HP-100 preamps
Edge G8+ laser-biased monoblocks & Classé M-700 monoblocks
Rockport Atria & Infinity IRS Beta Speakers
MIT Shotgun ICs & SCs
Shunyata Denali 6000T, Shunyata Alpha NR, Delta NR, Viper Ztron, Venom HC & Harmonic Technology PCs, Synergistic Research Blue & Black fuses, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses
Klaudio LP200 ultrasonic RCM

Alrainbow 06-11-2018 04:57 AM

Hello all. I have a pair of IRS V.
Mods are a new external cross over same as Paul of ps audio but has an extra tap that Arnie wanted for the mids as he felt they seemed too deep on vocals .
The active low pass cross over has been made balanced and a new dual channel PSU .
All caps have been replaced on the cross over.
I also had made a new SE and bal imp matching box with a knob that has 6 positions .
One more item I had made. It's an analog woofer tower phase shifter . Two knobs allow for phase shifting of towers thus has allowed me to have a clean bass with no bass bump.
New magnets 15 years ago the speKers are upgraded IRS xx. The woofer Amps and all else are IRS v . I recently replaced all caps in the woofer tower amps. 18 caps in total.
Also installed .1uf bypass caps as well. Adjusted the three trimmer pots , now towers are dead quit . I can post pics if anyone wants them. Anyone who owns these and has not replaced the PSU and amps caps really should do so. Next is a dc speaker output turn off sensor and relay. This will protect the woofers in the event of dc output at speakers.
While there us two time delay turn in boards there is no DC speaker output detection circuit I can find.

AudioGremlin 06-12-2018 05:34 AM

Please post pics. Its very interesting to learn about the excellent IRS V, I also follow Paul who'll be installing a new Music Room 1 soon. I own the lowly RS1b but I can dream.

cleeds 06-12-2018 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alrainbow (Post 918435)
... I have a pair of IRS V.
Mods are a new external cross over same as Paul of ps audio but has an extra tap that Arnie wanted for the mids as he felt they seemed too deep on vocals .
The active low pass cross over has been made balanced and a new dual channel PSU . All caps have been replaced on the cross over. ...

Can you please tell us who did these modifications for you? Or, did you do them yourself? Please share!

crwilli 06-12-2018 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioGremlin (Post 918548)
Please post pics. Its very interesting to learn about the excellent IRS V, I also follow Paul who'll be installing a new Music Room 1 soon. I own the lowly RS1b but I can dream.

+1

Alrainbow 06-14-2018 05:38 AM

Good morning can some one allow me to post after please. I also can’t see how to post pics either it asks for a url only.
Thanks in advance

crwilli 06-14-2018 04:30 PM

Are you a subscriber? If not, search and join. Best $ you will ever spend. Buying and selling on AA will save the few in short order.

Masterlu 06-14-2018 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crwilli (Post 918790)
Are you a subscriber? If not, search and join. Best $ you will ever spend. Buying and selling on AA will save the few in short order.

Thanks Craig!

For everyone’s convenience;

http://www.audioaficionado.org/payments.php