AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Power Conditioners (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Review - Furutech Flux 50 NCF (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=41971)

Masterlu 11-30-2018 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiophilehi (Post 942766)
So I just ordered one Furutech Flux 50 NCF filter from our fearless leader. Really looking forward to what it can do in my system. :banana:

Just to play devils advocate here but what about those power conditioners that some of us pay thousands of dollars for. Aren’t they supposed to take the dirty electricity and make it all better? :scratch2:

Yes, but every time I deploy a Flux-50 NCF the sound stage improves. Noise floor is noticeably reduced too.

These are highly addictive; in fact every time I get some, I’m on the fence about selling them (what if I can’t get anymore) :nail:

Audiophilehi 11-30-2018 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 942770)
Yes, but every time I deploy a Flux-50 NCF the sound stage improves. Noise floor is noticeably reduced too.

These are highly addictive; in fact every time I get some, I’m on the fence about selling them (what if I can’t get anymore) :nail:

I don’t deny the outstanding effects the Flux 50’s have. I’m questioning the ability of power conditioners over Flux 50’s.

I’m currently saving for my next big purchase. It was going to be either the PS Audio P15 or P20. Now I’m thinking maybe I should add a Flux 50 NCF first to each component. :scratch2:

Masterlu 11-30-2018 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiophilehi (Post 942766)
So I just ordered one Furutech Flux 50 NCF filter from our fearless leader. Really looking forward to what it can do in my system. :banana:

Just to play devils advocate here but what about those power conditioners that some of us pay thousands of dollars for. Aren’t they supposed to take the dirty electricity and make it all better? :scratch2:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiophilehi (Post 942774)
I don’t deny the outstanding effects the Flux 50’s have. I’m questioning the ability of power conditioners over Flux 50’s.

I’m currently saving for my next big purchase. It was going to be either the PS Audio P15 or P20. Now I’m thinking maybe I should add a Flux 50 NCF first to each component. :scratch2:

Personally, I use both. Flux-50’s won’t regulate voltage or prevent a surge.

That said, I just bought every last Flux-50 NCF in the USA; all 9 of them. :sigh:

freesole 01-14-2019 03:26 PM

Wow, this little product sounds amazing. Going to have to give one a try between my AQ Niagara Power Conditioner and the wall outlet. Adding the Niagara was already a revelation for me. Looking forward to hearing what this does.

Audiophilehi 01-14-2019 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freesole (Post 949195)
Wow, this little product sounds amazing. Going to have to give one a try between my AQ Niagara Power Conditioner and the wall outlet. Adding the Niagara was already a revelation for me. Looking forward to hearing what this does.

You’ll be glad you did. :thumbsup:

Masterlu 01-14-2019 06:26 PM

freesole... Welcome to AA! :wave:

freesole 01-14-2019 07:38 PM

Thanks @Masterlu!

deafenears 05-14-2019 01:33 AM

Would you use a Flux 50 over a Shunyata Denali 2000 for your amp(s)?

Trying to decide if I should get a Denali 2000 on close out or a couple of Flux 50 NCFs.

rnrmf1971 05-14-2019 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deafenears (Post 964792)
Would you use a Flux 50 over a Shunyata Denali 2000 for your amp(s)?

Trying to decide if I should get a Denali 2000 on close out or a couple of Flux 50 NCFs.

Personally, I eschew the use of either on amps or even my new integrated and think the money and sound has more to gain by buying the best power cable you can and going straight into the wall.

SoundsCrazy 08-04-2020 07:23 PM

Other EMI RFI controls

Really interesting to read everyone’s experience of the Furutech filter. I run a full range of EMI RFI noise controls.
All my components- amps pre and power, dacs, streamers, external clock, etc are treated internally including damping and shielding. So much so that external dampers such as Isoacoustics footings make no impact. My cabling is damped and shielded. My Furman 20Pfi Elite has the same treatment.
Typically, I purchase any unit online and send it directly for treatment before listening. In a number of cases I’ve returned equipment to get further treated.
All the sonic results reported here from the Furutech are definitely and easily heard. One or two examples. My Pioneer N70ae sounded rather lightweight even after initial treatment. I complained and sent it back. It returned a completely different unit. Now the bass lines were solid weighty and meaty. It was a significant change. Second was a Pioneer LX800 Blu-ray player. Again the unit came back a super solid unit. The sonic signature now carried lows mids and highs in a solid presentation.
So I can understand what others here report.
In addition to the Furman I run 2x Richard Grey Power Company Pro400 units in my system.
Pursuit of noise control is a fundamental upgrade path that provides significant improvement in sound. It’s easy to hear the results as others report. I had the LX800SE vs Stock vs David Wright upgrades units measured by an independent lab in Canada. IMD was improved by these kinds of treatments.