AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Shunyata Research (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   New Cable Cradle wall plate (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=51415)

phil_er_up 08-10-2022 05:56 PM

Will these work with a 4 way outlet? Meaning can I put 2 of them next to each other on a 4-way outlet without overlap?

Cut pieces of wood to hold the drooping power cords up though it does not look good. You can not see the wood due to its in back of the stereo.

Cohibaman 08-10-2022 07:00 PM

Zero chance of that I’m afraid.

Masterlu 08-16-2022 04:41 PM

All in house Cable Cradle orders have shipped. :thumbsup:

jimtranr 08-16-2022 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 1065106)
All in house Cable Cradle orders have shipped. :thumbsup:

Yup. I just received a FedEx notification that mine will be here tomorrow. Thanks, Ivan.

Masterlu 08-16-2022 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimtranr (Post 1065120)
Yup. I just received a FedEx notification that mine will be here tomorrow. Thanks, Ivan.

Anytime! ;)

MCaudio 08-19-2022 12:18 PM

The problem with something like this is the attempt to make the diameter universal, yet the diameter of cable barrels varies greatly. So youll have a fit that is either too tight and simply wont fit or one that leaves quite a bit of space around the perimeter leading to some sagging any way. As evidenced in the photo posted earlier.

Puma Cat 08-19-2022 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCaudio (Post 1065307)
The problem with something like this is the attempt to make the diameter universal, yet the diameter of cable barrels varies greatly. So youll have a fit that is either too tight and simply wont fit or one that leaves quite a bit of space around the perimeter leading to some sagging any way. As evidenced in the photo posted earlier.

How about some...data? For the Shunyata PCs, the outer diameter (OD) of the Alpha XC, NR, Sigma XC and NR cable barrels are exactly the same at 13mm.

The Omega's plug barrel may be very slightly larger (I don't have one here, so I can't measure it), but the Cable Cradle also comes with a textured rubber pad that provides additional mechanical support in the crade and as well as some vibration damping. So, end-users should find, as I do, for the Shunyata PCs at least, that the Alpha, Sigma and Omegas fit very securely and stably. The smaller PCs, e.g. Venom, Venom-X and Delta use a lighter and shorter plug, so when plugged into an SR-Z1, which holds the prongs very tightly, stability isn't an issue.

MCaudio 08-19-2022 02:44 PM

Well I just tried to add a photo, but apparently I cant.

Take a look at the photo you posted… theres a rather large gap between the barrel and the bottom inner lip of this “cradle”, or am I mistaken?

Masterlu 08-19-2022 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCaudio (Post 1065332)
Well I just tried to add a photo, but apparently I cant.

Take a look at the photo you posted… theres a rather large gap between the barrel and the bottom inner lip of this “cradle”, or am I mistaken?

You are mistaken; these fit Shunyata and other major cable manufacturers like a glove w/ the included textured rubber pad as needed.

Puma Cat 08-19-2022 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puma Cat (Post 1065320)

....but the Cable Cradle also comes with a textured rubber pad that provides additional mechanical support in the crade and as well as some vibration damping...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 1065361)
You are mistaken; these fit Shunyata and other major cable manufacturers like a glove w/ the included textured rubber pad as needed.

I'm having a dejá vu, all over again. :p :D