AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Shunyata Research (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Triton V1 vs Triton V2 (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=50366)

skye 09-28-2021 09:40 PM

Triton V1 vs Triton V2

Would replacing the Triton V1 with a V2 be a substantial sonic upgrade. I can see that the V2 had several improvements over the V1.

tima 09-29-2021 12:44 AM

I'd say it depends on how much you'll pay for the V2 and what counts to you as substantial. The V2 is a genuine improvement but it is not a night and day difference.

I've had them both in my system.

First Sounds: Shunyata Research Hydra Triton v2

You might also consider adding a Typhon to your V1.

Puma Cat 09-29-2021 12:35 PM

I'm not sure what Triton v2s are selling for, but you'll get better and more up-to-date performance with one of the newer Shunaya power distributors. Denali V2 will give you 50dB of noise suppression, QR/BB functionality and better quality CopperCONN outlets.

Even the new "entry level" Venom v16 power distributor has 24dB noise reduction, CopperCONN outlets, CCI-x for each row of 2 x 8 outlets and a ground post for the GP-NR ground-plane noise reduction system. You get twice as many outlets, each with its own CCI-X filter isolated from the other, so one set could be used for audio, and the other set of 8 for home theatre, for example.

Just info for consideration.

SCAudiophile 09-29-2021 01:10 PM

See if Shunyata will do an upgrade from V2 to V3. End result will be much better.

SCAudiophile 09-29-2021 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skye (Post 1046143)
Would replacing the Triton V1 with a V2 be a substantial sonic upgrade. I can see that the V2 had several improvements over the V1.

Triton V3 is the substantial upgrade you are looking for.

insideone 09-29-2021 08:20 PM

Even the new "entry level" Venom v16 power distributor has 24dB noise reduction, CopperCONN outlets, CCI-x for each row of 2 x 8 outlets and a ground post for the GP-NR ground-plane noise reduction system. You get twice as many outlets, each with its own CCI-X filter isolated from the other, so one set could be used for audio, and the other set of 8 for home theatre, for example.

Just info for consideration.[/QUOTE]

The Venom v16 has CopperCONN outlets?

skye 09-30-2021 06:50 PM

Triton V1 vs Triton V2

Another possibility I was considering was adding the Typhon to the V1. I see those units going for some fairly cheap prices. Are the Typhons critical of power cord selection. Any comments on how much I would gain adding the Typhon to the V1 instead of picking up a used V2?

skye 09-30-2021 07:00 PM

SC Audiophile, how do the new Venom units compare to the older Triton units?

SCAudiophile 09-30-2021 07:36 PM

I would not advise going that far back in the line simply (except latest TQR which is newer).

What is your budget and what is your gear list to be connected to the final choice?

The same power cord choice logic applies to TQR feeding a conditioner as to cable into conditioner straightaway.

tima 10-01-2021 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skye (Post 1046225)
Another possibility I was considering was adding the Typhon to the V1. I see those units going for some fairly cheap prices. Are the Typhons critical of power cord selection. Any comments on how much I would gain adding the Typhon to the V1 instead of picking up a used V2?

Typically the original Typhon will include a short umbilical cord for connection to the Triton.

Having used all three, imo, you will gain more from adding a Typhon to a Triton V1 than from a Triton V2 on its own.