AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Events & Demos (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   New AXPONA 2021 Date Announced (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=48615)

audio bill 09-10-2020 12:10 PM

New AXPONA 2021 Date Announced

AXPONA 2021 rescheduled for August

audioguy3107 09-10-2020 12:48 PM

That’s excellent news.......I think the main challenge here is how many exhibitors are going to sign up and commit to the show with all the uncertainty. No question the industry needs a great show. I’d love to go if available!

- Buck

dolsey01 09-10-2020 02:57 PM

With Abbott's cheap $5 rapid test, the reality of large gatherings happening again isn't too far away.

Still-One 09-10-2020 03:01 PM

With AXPONA at least there are some younger audiophiles in attendance. Otherwise it would just turn in one large version of God's waiting room.

audioguy3107 09-10-2020 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still-One (Post 1014174)
Otherwise it would just turn in one large version of God's waiting room.

:lmao: Now that's funny (but really kind of isn't). Let's all hope that everything will be at some semblance of normal by next August.

- Buck

PHC1 09-10-2020 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dolsey01 (Post 1014172)
With Abbott's cheap $5 rapid test, the reality of large gatherings happening again isn't too far away.

Would not mean much. No guarantees that every person in attendance is not infected, has been tested, or has not been exposed the day before... It takes only one in closed spaces...

It will just have to blow itself out either with or without vaccinations and until then it will remain a risk with well known statistical odds to be out in public..

Not sure we want to reach the point where we need to present certificates for vaccination or antibodies before gaining entrance to public places, it probably won’t fly, so take your chances or don’t and hopefully we will be able to resume public activities without a concern sometime soon.

Or do you mean that everyone can take the rapid test at the door?

dolsey01 09-11-2020 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHC1 (Post 1014201)
Or do you mean that everyone can take the rapid test at the door?

Not yet, test still required lab processing but a pregenancy style test is so close so yes, you could take the test and wait the 5 minutes to enter. I'm anxious to learn of a date when this will be a reality.

Hoping this comes soon, my wife sells large in person type conferences and her company can't hold out too much longer. Another 6 months and most likely they will have to close the doors permanently. Their normal confreneces are about $3000 per attendee, virtual is $199. That cannot sustain the company long term.

PHC1 09-11-2020 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dolsey01 (Post 1014269)
Not yet, test still required lab processing but a pregenancy style test is so close so yes, you could take the test and wait the 5 minutes to enter. I'm anxious to learn of a date when this will be a reality.

Hoping this comes soon, my wife sells large in person type conferences and her company can't hold out too much longer. Another 6 months and most likely they will have to close the doors permanently. Their normal confreneces are about $3000 per attendee, virtual is $199. That cannot sustain the company long term.

Yes unfortunately many businesses are struggling to say the least. We know nothing stands still and is constantly evolving in these modern times but this pandemic has really changed the dynamics of many traditional models and business concepts.

Commercial real estate as far as office space will probably never be the same as many that are fortunate to be able to adapt and survive with work from home option are unlikely to give that model up given the choice.

15,000 apartments are empty in NYC. That is a historical record and a mass exodus... Office building, stores, hotels.. all hurting. Less tax revenue for the city, well, one can see a chain reaction and it's not good. :no:

Hope your wife's company makes it through the difficult period...

mtrot 03-03-2021 04:11 PM

Postponed again

Now postponed to October 29-31, which is close to RMAF, assuming RMAF actually happens.

https://axpona.com/Default.asp

Soundmig 03-12-2021 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtrot (Post 1034019)
Now postponed to October 29-31, which is close to RMAF, assuming RMAF actually happens.

https://axpona.com/Default.asp

I would think that RMAF will go on? I'm not sure how other states are doing, but Colorado already has 70%+ of the 70 year old and up population vaccinated (both shots and 2 weeks beyond) and we are vaccinating quickly those down to age 60 now. I'm 61 and received my shot (JNJ - one and done) this past Tuesday. With the most vulnerable population at or very near herd immunity already, I would think that a show this Fall is very much realistic???

I guess one of the variants could slip through the vaccinated group and cause another shut down, but short of that we should be on our way out of this crazy situation. In Western Colorado, where I live, we are down to a 1.6% positive rate on CV-19 tests and the virus is hardly a blip on the screen here now. We expect to be on threat level blue (no restrictions) within 4-6 weeks.