AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   General Audio Discussion (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   What Are Your Audio Plans for 2020??? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=47371)

audioguy3107 01-01-2020 11:43 AM

What Are Your Audio Plans for 2020???

Happy New Year to all, hope everyone had a safe and fun New Year's Eve! Now that 2020 is officially upon us, what has your eye that may be a 2020 future purchase for your system? Any upgrades and/or new gear coming up this year?
Are you going to step back a little and enjoy what your current system has to offer?

I'm happy with what I've put together, now with the Audio Research Ref 3 Phono installed, vinyl playback is sounding very very nice. Could there be an upgrade this year from my VPI Classic Signature? We'll see what happens.

- Buck

LarsT 01-01-2020 11:55 AM

I think I will take the year off any changes. I’m not one for switching things up for the sake of change. :newyears3:

Masterlu 01-01-2020 12:23 PM

I’m waiting patiently for my new Accuphase E-800 :)

radio times 01-01-2020 12:35 PM

Get back to using my Mp3 player with dac/amp combo. It has been put on hold due to me new Ruark but I sneaked a listen over the holiday and it was jolly good. My upcoming living room will need a sound test and maybe a bit on the small size for the Naim treatment, but I'm sure that's just first night nerves. Otherwise it will be a huge Audio plan for the new year. I'll be the tip of the spear.

For The Love of Music 01-01-2020 01:09 PM

Mainly appreciating what I have assembled over the years and ‘19 was one for the charts.

I’m playing with the idea of reel to reel.

I may mess with regrounding my main panel, just so I know it’s done right as the sub panel and thinking of adding ADD-POWR’s Sorcer to the main panel.

Hunting for rare album finds

Weirdcuba 01-01-2020 02:23 PM

Breaking out the TAD R1s, integrating them with the new room (!), adding the new mystery component (more on that later) and enjoying the music. It should be quite the year.

audioguy3107 01-01-2020 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weirdcuba (Post 990878)
Breaking out the TAD R1s, integrating them with the new room (!), adding the new mystery component (more on that later) and enjoying the music. It should be quite the year.

Gonna be awesome when it's done...how's the construction going???

- Buck

jdandy 01-01-2020 02:33 PM

At the beginning of 2019 I stated that would be the year I would not spend any more money on audio gear. Well, a bit over $10K later, spent on new amps, cables, and isolation I realize making foolish statements about future purchases is plain silly for me.

This year I hope to hang on to my purse strings a little tighter and enjoy the sound systems I have assembled. As it stands at the moment, I have no reason to add or subtract anything to the living room system or the studio system. Time will ultimately reveal the truth. . :)

Antonmb 01-01-2020 02:52 PM

I’m finishing the upgrade path I’ve been on with Shunyata. Over the last couple of years all my power snakes and some of my interconnects were upgraded to Alpha, this year will be the speaker cables and the rest of the interconnects. Other than that, a couple of power supplies for headphone setups and some network isolation and switches. I have no plans for any component or speaker changes.

jimtranr 01-01-2020 03:10 PM

Now that all three systems here are properly Hydrated (two of them via time-honored musical-chair hand-me-down recycling), I can focus on listening...and listening...and listening. Doesn't mean, of course, that I might not pop for a dose or two of Venom along the way. But otherwise I'm done for the year.

(Funny, but I hear a strange chant bearing the timbral imprint of Saint Mrs. echoing through the house: "Where. Have. I. Heard. That. Before?")