AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   MBL, dCS, Goldmund, Gryphon etc (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Jadis (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=4584)

SCAudiophile 05-01-2021 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bart (Post 1037722)
Elipsas i think.
I heard Jadis with SF Elipsa a couple of times, and I loved it!

[emoji106]

Levitator 05-01-2021 08:53 PM

Love the Jadis gear!

joel_hifi 05-02-2021 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCAudiophile (Post 1037667)
EXACTLY! That is one of the reasons I had them built needing 4ch of external amps vs only 2 or fully self-powered (also an option) to allow ultimate fun in the future experimenting with cables and amps for mids and treble separately as audiophile winds and whims change. This is a true destination speaker so I plan on having some fun down the road with its myriad possibilities. I held off 4+ years before ordering them, heard them multiple times, tried another top10 (IMHO speaker), several others owned or loaned, hit two Munich shows and heard countless other top flight speakers along the way in homes and dealers plus Munich shows. That all confirmed what I believed which led to getting them last June and being 100% in my choice.

Mark, very impressive, great choice, looking forward to see where this flexibility will lead you :thumbsup:

joel_hifi 05-02-2021 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCAudiophile (Post 1037700)
Joel,...are those Strads in that photo? Must be a dynamite combo with the Jadis! That's a system I'd love to hear and enjoy some day!!!

Those are the Elipsa SE's (as correctly highlighted by Bart, thanks!), which share the same tweeter as the Strads.

I have actually been offered a pair of Stradivari 35th Anniversary at a pretty "decent" price, but have held off so far as I'm worried that 2 x 12" woofers would be too much for my modest size dedicated music room.

I'm working on some acoustic treatment, I'll see how that goes, if things turn out positive then maybe I'll give it some more serious consideration.

Or the Franco Serblin Ktema's.

Or I'll have to change house :lmao:

SCAudiophile 05-02-2021 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joel_hifi (Post 1037759)
Those are the Elipsa SE's (as correctly highlighted by Bart, thanks!), which share the same tweeter as the Strads.

I have actually been offered a pair of Stradivari 35th Anniversary at a pretty "decent" price, but have held off so far as I'm worried that 2 x 12" woofers would be too much for my modest size dedicated music room.

I'm working on some acoustic treatment, I'll see how that goes, if things turn out positive then maybe I'll give it some more serious consideration.

Great speakers Joel, the system must sound amazing,..good luck with your room treatments and other great options for the future!

Thank you also for the kind words below...

bart 05-02-2021 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joel_hifi (Post 1037759)

Joel, this is a great opportunity.
But try them out at your place if at all possible.
Ivan's room with Strads isn't that large either, if I recall well, and they sounded great.

You see, your AudioAficionado friends care for you, and help you to spend your money wisely. :D