AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   PS Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   PS Audio DirectStream DAC (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=25526)

oddeophile 07-04-2015 03:34 AM

+1.

Well said.

Odd

j3brow 07-04-2015 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vhiner (Post 711622)
Ted Smith is an MIT-trained software designer with serious musical taste. His work really demonstrates what can happen when someone allows his heart, ears, brains and balls to work in harmony.

Quote of the year! I am intrigued by this DAC and I agree the ability the periodically get software updates is really cool. It's no wonder Ted is a genius, he has more than one brain according to that great line above!

Vhiner 07-04-2015 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j3brow (Post 711645)
Quote of the year! I am intrigued by this DAC and I agree the ability the periodically get software updates is really cool. It's no wonder Ted is a genius, he has more than one brain according to that great line above!

Thanks, I know he uses both his left AND right brains...if he's got another one, he's keeping it a secret. lol

oddeophile 07-04-2015 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vhiner (Post 711709)
Thanks, I know he uses both his left AND right brains...if he's got another one, he's keeping it a secret. lol

Great. If it's unused can I borrow it for a while?

Odd

Acolcer 07-06-2015 10:05 PM

Yale convert

I downloaded Yale without any issues and the sound is utterly ridiculous. Better soundstage, deeper bass, smoother mids, more lifelike highs. In a word, more analog. This is something else. I can't wait to see what Ted has up his sleeve for the next release. It is like getting an upgrade to my system everytime there is a firmware upgrade. :banana:

Masterlu 07-06-2015 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acolcer (Post 712135)
I downloaded Yale without any issues and the sound is utterly ridiculous. Better soundstage, deeper bass, smoother mids, more lifelike highs. In a word, more analog. This is something else. I can't wait to see what Ted has up his sleeve for the next release. It is like getting an upgrade to my system everytime there is a firmware upgrade. :banana:

I think it's all the Stillpoints... :whistle:

:D

jgriffi540 07-07-2015 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 712148)

Speaking of, Ivan-I'm dying to try out all of those you just shipped me...AND Yale....cant do either right now while i wait for resistors for my ARC amp that had a tube arc :tears:

Acolcer 07-07-2015 08:24 PM

Stillpoints Magic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 712148)

Ivan-

Not only have they improved the sound of my system, but I have lowered my handicap by 4 strokes! :rock-on:

audiohippo 08-02-2015 09:33 AM

DS owners: what did you have previously before upgrading to the DS?

Vhiner 08-02-2015 04:00 PM

Super modified Meitner BiDat, PWD, PWD MKII