AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Magico (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=134)
-   -   Magico M owners, what amps are you using. (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=45265)

bart 03-06-2019 05:20 PM

Don't underestimate the big Brystons!

Masterlu 03-06-2019 07:48 PM

Get one more and Bi-Amp, I would. :yes:

crwilli 03-06-2019 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 956354)
Get one more and Bi-Amp, I would. :yes:

Now that’s thinkin’ lincoln!

GSOphile 03-06-2019 09:42 PM

The Magico speakers I'm familiar with only have a single set of speaker terminals.

docmd2010 03-07-2019 09:40 PM

I am actually running Mac electronics with my speakers. I know that they are a significant weakness in my system. I have heard delightful combinations with boulder, the 2160 and the 2150 monos. I have heard them with momentum’s. I have heard them with spectral. I have heard them with soulution.

Every single one of these is spectacular. Spectral is ultra detailed and refined. Boulder is big and commanding but also transparent. Momentum’s have a buttery midrange to die for. Soulution does it all.

I have a friend with q7s. He has had every electronic under the sun, including all the above. He says by far the best sound he has heard is with the gryphon memphisto monos.

Charles 03-08-2019 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by docmd2010 (Post 956486)
I am actually running Mac electronics with my speakers. I know that they are a significant weakness in my system. I have heard delightful combinations with boulder, the 2160 and the 2150 monos. I have heard them with momentum’s. I have heard them with spectral. I have heard them with soulution.

Every single one of these is spectacular. Spectral is ultra detailed and refined. Boulder is big and commanding but also transparent. Momentum’s have a buttery midrange to die for. Soulution does it all.

I have a friend with q7s. He has had every electronic under the sun, including all the above. He says by far the best sound he has heard is with the gryphon memphisto monos.

Cincy2 has the Momentum series. It seems such a natural obvious elegant choice.

Jbags 03-08-2019 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by docmd2010 (Post 956486)

Thank you very much for all of that info, extremely helpful. I know that everyone’s tastes and opinions are different and the real life applications vary greatly depending on the room, cables power etc.

I know the best solution is to listen to all the options myself but you might have a Magico dealer that is not a soulutions or boulder dealer and vice versa.

I also have the option of sticking with my Bryston 28B3 monos. Decisions decisions.

Dth31 03-09-2019 07:12 PM

VAC 200iQ monoblocks

Love the 200 iQ monoblocks on my M3's. Nice foundation. Warm, rich, detailed. Just want to listen to music, not get analytical!

Masterlu 03-10-2019 12:42 AM

Dth31... Welcome to AA! :wave:

IanCG 10-27-2019 04:19 PM

I cannot imagine there are many amplifiers of sufficient power and which are recognised as being high end components which would be regarded as unsuitable, perhaps aside from some valve devices where issues have been raised generally on Magico compatibility.

So when I acquired M3s I expected them to be perfectly fine with my Devialet 1000s (which they are) - and an important factor for me is that visually the units are easily ignored, being entirely black and of inoffensive (but beautiful) shape and size. For me, the audio experience is enhanced when the visual experience is minimised, as is the case with the small and characterless (but beautiful) Devialet units. And from my listening position that, and a small black digital source, is all I see.