AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Cables Galore (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Transparent Audio Cable (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=14368)

thesaint519 06-03-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still-One
Yes, I upgraded from the Reference Powerlink on my amps. I am still using Reference level on all my other gear except for the amps. I think the MM2x's are much better than the MM2's. Clearer and better bass.

Jim

Really? I feel like the kid on Christmas eve. I can't wait to get back home to my system when I'm out, and I can't wait to turn my whole system over to Transparent.

thesaint519 06-03-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bretdago
I have used Transparent cable, power cords and line conditioning products as a reference for many years now. They are without a doubt the very best of anything I have tried and I have tried most for extended amounts of time. I have mixes of other cables around to make sure my products synergize with other cable brands but I always go back to the Transparent as my reference. They should have a thread indeed...

Thanks for the feedback. If you really think Transparent needs its own thread, pls PM Masterlu (Ivan) to say so. I sent my request yesterday. Perhaps if we get enough who ask, he'll grant it.

thesaint519 06-05-2012 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bretdago (Post 318251)
I have used Transparent cable, power cords and line conditioning products as a reference for many years now. They are without a doubt the very best of anything I have tried and I have tried most for extended amounts of time. I have mixes of other cables around to make sure my products synergize with other cable brands but I always go back to the Transparent as my reference. They should have a thread indeed...

Hey Bretdago,

Have you any experience with Shunyata power cords? What power cords have you tried? Can you detail the differences you've between what you've used and Transparent for me, pls? I hope to be adding some TA power cords some time real soon.

Bretdago 06-17-2012 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesaint519 (Post 319671)
Hey Bretdago,

Have you any experience with Shunyata power cords? What power cords have you tried? Can you detail the differences you've between what you've used and Transparent for me, pls? I hope to be adding some TA power cords some time real soon.

I have heard the Shunyata power cords and associated speaker and interconnect cable with my amplifiers at a store and I thought they were very good. I cannot directly compare the two as the systems excluding amplifiers were completely different. I have had power cords from several of the top tier companies; I think listing them in direct comparison would be in poor taste as they all were respectively good in their own way. I want to point out that cable synergy is very important. If you are using all Shunyata interconnect and speaker cable then I believe you should use their power cords. Companies typically only voice their products together and not with another companies products. For the record I have listened to systems from MIT. Kimber, Cardas, Nordost, Straitwire, and ZenSati. The synergy when used together is very clear, and believe it or not they are all very very different in their presentation. It would be kind of cool for a reviewer perhaps to round up systems from let’s say 10 different cable manufacturers, in a controlled system with controlled software, play each system for a week and make a chart of maybe 10 different criterion stating the strengths and weaknesses from each particular company. I think then as a consumer we could ascertain from the chart what the flavor of each system is and whether it would integrate well with our own?

thesaint519 06-17-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bretdago
I have heard the Shunyata power cords and associated speaker and interconnect cable with my amplifiers at a store and I thought they were very good. I cannot directly compare the two as the systems excluding amplifiers were completely different. I have had power cords from several of the top tier companies; I think listing them in direct comparison would be in poor taste as they all were respectively good in their own way. I want to point out that cable synergy is very important. If you are using all Shunyata interconnect and speaker cable then I believe you should use their power cords. Companies typically only voice their products together and not with another companies products. For the record I have listened to systems from MIT. Kimber, Cardas, Nordost, Straitwire, and ZenSati. The synergy when used together is very clear, and believe it or not they are all very very different in their presentation. It would be kind of cool for a reviewer perhaps to round up systems from let’s say 10 different cable manufacturers, in a controlled system with controlled software, play each system for a week and make a chart of maybe 10 different criterion stating the strengths and weaknesses from each particular company. I think then as a consumer we could ascertain from the chart what the flavor of each system is and whether it would integrate well with our own?

Thanks for the input. I concur with your assessment, and appreciate your input.

j3brow 06-20-2012 11:08 PM

Another Transparent devotee here. I started with Plus, then Super, and now I'm at Ultra MM2 level with respect to interconnects and speaker cables. I have Reference Powerlink - RPL - with the latest mm2x power technology throughout my system (I'm scared to listen to the top of heap Reference MM2 power cable that my dealer tries to get me to take home - cost 2x RPL). Reference digital aes/ebu rounds out my addiction. Kudos to you for jumping in at Reference level. :thumbsup: Everytime I jumped up to a new level, my system revealed the improvements. I look forward to joining you with Reference IC and speaker cables someday. Transparent rocks.

thesaint519 06-21-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j3brow (Post 326494)
Another Transparent devotee here. I started with Plus, then Super, and now I'm at Ultra MM2 level with respect to interconnects and speaker cables. I have Reference Powerlink - RPL - with the latest mm2x power technology throughout my system (I'm scared to listen to the top of heap Reference MM2 power cable that my dealer tries to get me to take home - cost 2x RPL). Reference digital aes/ebu rounds out my addiction. Kudos to you for jumping in at Reference level. :thumbsup: Everytime I jumped up to a new level, my system revealed the improvements. I look forward to joining you with Reference IC and speaker cables someday. Transparent rocks.

Hi j3brow,

I'm a little late to the party in actuality. I've discovered that there are basically two camps when it comes to Transparent: those that hate them, and those that love them. For many years I was influenced by the former. I'm sad to say I never even gave them a chance. But most recently, my audio fairy godfather (Larry Marcus of Paragon Sight & Sound), and Peter McGrath both strongly compelled me to simply try them. And I'm glad I did. I have never had such an emotional connection :tears: to the music in my system as I did once I added the Transparent cabling. I went in being predisposed to hate them. But man, I was completely unprepared for what happened. I love these cables, and can't wait to upgrade them all to Reference XL MM2. Can you tell me more about the your experience with their power cords? Those are on the wish list, too.

Coppy 06-21-2012 04:25 PM

thesaint519,

Congrats on the new cables. What SCs and Ics were you running before your new Transparent?

Thanks,
Bob

thesaint519 06-21-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coppy
thesaint519,

Congrats on the new cables. What SCs and Ics were you running before your new Transparent?

Thanks,
Bob

Hi Bob,

I was using Analysis Plus Silver Oval ICs and Big Silver Oval spkr cable. Transparent is leagues beyond anything I've owned to include MIT Oracle V2.1 cabling.

renabot77 07-17-2012 07:13 AM

I want to upgrade in my speaker and interconnect cables. Currently, I have like Transparent super as speaker cables and transparent musiclink as interconnect. My speakers are Wilson Audio Watt Puppy 8 (front) and Wilson Audio Cub (and surround). I own a Meridian 861v6 as a processor and a McIntosh MC 207 as an amplifier. What cables transparent line would bring greater benefit to me? (I want to upgrade my interconnect cables and my front speaker cables at this moment)