AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Cables Galore (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Transparent Audio Cable (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=14368)

2fastdriving 08-29-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by medwardo (Post 525930)
@2fastdriving...I got just the speaker cables.

I just bought the same thing. The difference is even more dramatic when you have ic's and speaker cables all at reference level. I'm gonna do that next year.

medward0 09-04-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PLK (Post 525956)
No.

Did you trade in your Ultras?

@PLK...yes, I traded in the Ultras at 70% of my cost a year ago.

The upgrade program is a very good customer "lock in" program...cheaper to move up than to move to another vendor.

thesaint519 09-04-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by medwardo (Post 527786)

The upgrade program is a very good customer "lock in" program...cheaper to move up than to move to another vendor.

...and financially and sonically worth it.

PLK 09-05-2013 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by medwardo (Post 527786)

Thanks for getting back to me.

I've always wanted to try the Ultras on my S3s.

Good luck with your new cables.

medward0 09-10-2013 04:09 PM

Two weeks in with the Transparent Reference Speaker Cables...likely 50 - 100 hours so far.

At this point, all I can say is wow and no buyer's remorse (even at Transparent's prices).

Simply put, my system is the most engaging, coherent, and musical that it has ever been. And I just want to listen to it more.

Still more break in coming and I'm looking forward to a fully broken-in set.

Triton coming next if I can pull off the funds....

renabot77 09-10-2013 06:22 PM

Your post is perfect to describe what are the differences that you notice after an upgrade. I thought it would take a while to upgrade my ultra speaker cables, but I didn't resist the temptation and I upgraded my cables to reference xl. And...what a difference!!! Even in the first moments, I noticed an improvement in resolution and soundstage. I thought it wouldn't happen that way, but I was wrong. These cables are so expensive but they worth the money you invest. I'm very happy with them and with my other new acquisitions: shunyata anaconda and an Acuphase e-560. This is my dream team and I'm really happy with it.
:D:D:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by medwardo (Post 525917)
Got my Reference cables this morning, hooked 'em up, and had a quick listen before heading out to the salt mines.

I know that it will take a while for the cable to settle in and break in, but out of the gate, I notice:
  • More tuneful, detailed, & visceral bass that integrates better with the REL
  • Vocals now float clearly in front of the speaker in (a more or less) 3D image that has an almost physical presence
  • Sound stage moved from behind/at the speaker's front plane to out in front of the speakers
  • Vocals now sound "righter" than before
  • More detail (decay, reverb, breath in takes) than ever before
  • Harsh treble is mitigated a lot
  • Presentation of the music is more "organic"

More as I get them broken in...but they already sound like a big improvement over Ultra. Looking forward to them sounding better and better.

So, if the Reference are this big of a jump, I wonder what's the jump with the other (much more expensive) Reference flavors.

Oh, does this madness ever stop? :drool:

ariess 09-27-2013 11:05 PM

Well I am diving in again to TA cables! Going from Super SC and Ultra IC to Reference for both SC and IC. When I did this in the past it felt crazy to spend so much $$$ on "cables", like your non-audiophile friends would look at you like your nuts. But then after I heard the improvement all seemed right. Well here I go again! My dealer offered me a great trade-in. I am hoping that this jump feels worth it again. (I would have to hit the lottery to imagine ever going higher...) Any commiserators?

Still-One 09-28-2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ariess (Post 535450)
Well I am diving in again to TA cables! Going from Super SC and Ultra IC to Reference for both SC and IC. When I did this in the past it felt crazy to spend so much $$$ on "cables", like your non-audiophile friends would look at you like your nuts. But then after I heard the improvement all seemed right. Well here I go again! My dealer offered me a great trade-in. I am hoping that this jump feels worth it again. (I would have to hit the lottery to imagine ever going higher...) Any commiserators?

Everyone I know who has made this jump has been pleased with the results. :thumbsup:

sanji 09-28-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still-One (Post 535582)
Everyone I know who has made this jump has been pleased with the results. :thumbsup:

+1

thesaint519 09-29-2013 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still-One (Post 535582)

+2