AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   MBL, dCS, Goldmund, Gryphon etc (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Gryphon Trident II (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=50983)

FreddieFerric 03-20-2022 08:52 AM

Gryphon Trident II

FWIW, I remember well the sound of these big Gryphon's at the RMAF 2018. So it surprised me to find a newer pair up for sale on that other A site. They're being offered by Mr. Hanlon who is the principle importer of Gryphon for the USA.

A bit on the pricey side, so out of my league, but if any members here that are holding and in the market then here's your chance.

I'm sure you know how to find the listing.

SCAudiophile 03-20-2022 11:36 AM

I think I read somewhere last year that he is now no longer the importer..it's a shame as he is a great bramd advocate for Gryphon and Luxman.

FreddieFerric 03-20-2022 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCAudiophile (Post 1057543)
I think I read somewhere last year that he is now no longer the importer..it's a shame as he is a great bramd advocate for Gryphon and Luxman.

Wow! That would suck. He was so polite and approachable when I met him back then.

Still, what a speaker system.

Edit: Just verified there is a new distributor. On A Higher Note is not even listed as a dealer anymore. They must have had a falling out.

Edit 2: This from OAHN website:

"In 2017 on the assurance by Flemming Rasmussen, the founder of Gryphon, that they had no interest in direct distribution, we relaunched Gryphon Audio from Denmark to N. American after their 18 year hiatus from our marketplace. We knew it was going to be hard work but we felt up to the task. With the support and collaboration from our dealer base, we pulled off one of the most phenomenal success stories of a brand relaunch in high end audio. With careful selections, we put 6 display dealers on during the first year, 12 display dealers by the end of the 2nd year and had 14 display dealers throughout N. America by the third year. Unfortunately, Gryphon’s new management had other plans and decided to take Gryphon distribution in-house and our distribution relationship ceased April 2021."

That really sucks.

Masterlu 03-20-2022 12:33 PM

On A Higher Note is also no longer the exclusive distributor for Vivid Speakers either; just saying.

FreddieFerric 03-20-2022 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 1057547)
On A Higher Note is also no longer the exclusive distributor for Vivid Speakers either; just saying.

:scratch2:

Has the Gryphon brand been sold? Or is its founder retired?

Don't know anything about Vivid. I'm assuming it has its own set of facts.

Masterlu 03-20-2022 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreddieFerric (Post 1057548)
:scratch2:

Has the Gryphon brand been sold? Or is its founder retired?

Don't know anything about Vivid. I'm assuming it has its own set of facts.

I do happen to know the details about Vivid, it wasn’t pretty. Certainly not suitable for posting publicly. :sigh:

GSOphile 03-20-2022 12:58 PM

Flemming Rasmussen, the Gryphon founder, retired from Gryphon in 2021 and sold his interest in the company. The company has not been sold. They just recently announced a new super amp, the Apex. I believe Flemming designed the casework.

FreddieFerric 03-20-2022 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSOphile (Post 1057551)
Flemming Rasmussen, the Gryphon founder, retired from Gryphon in 2021 and sold his interest in the company. The company has not been sold. They just recently announced a new super amp, the Apex. I believe Flemming designed the casework.

Thanks for the input. Absent a written contract to the contrary, I'd opine that new management was entitled to move in the direction that best suited them.

And, if OAHN didn't have a written contract covering this contingency,... well, shame on them.