AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   General Speaker Discussion (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   BookShelf speakers with sweet soft tweeter sound. (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=49433)

Banter 01-22-2021 12:52 AM

BookShelf stand-mounter speakers with sweet soft tweeter sound.

Looking for bookshelf stand-mounter speakers that have a tweeter that is not so bright. With age, I have acquired, (amongst many other things), sensitive hearing. Bright sound bothers me to no end. Yet, I am also looking for these bookshelves to look like part of fine furniture! Rich wood finish is nice. Can live with all white. Have a pair of REL T9i subwoofers in Ferrari red to supplement bass, if needed. Something like Sonus Faber Amator iii looks good. But I have not heard them. I am sure there are many more too. But most of all – sweet soft tweeter sound!

Have tried different electronics/Tubes/Inter-connects/speaker cables and now have come down to speakers. Due to room size, prefer book shelves, but can also settle for floor-standers no higher than 40 inches tall.

Antonmb 01-22-2021 03:31 AM

BookShelf speakers with sweet soft tweeter sound.

You’re on the right track with SF. I have the Minima Amators and the treble is very smooth. I imagine the Elector Amator are even better.

Formerly YB-2 01-22-2021 05:20 PM

Joseph Audio Pulsar Graphene. Rave reviews and Ivan can help you get a pair.

Banter 01-22-2021 05:21 PM

Thank you, Glenn and Tony.

Yogi.

Banter 01-22-2021 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 (Post 1030061)
Joseph Audio Pulsar Graphene. Rave reviews and Ivan can help you get a pair.

Thank you. Am in Canada. And yes, am also considering JA Pulsar Graphene.

JemHadar 01-22-2021 05:36 PM

BookShelf speakers with sweet soft tweeter sound.

Proac Tablette (Signature) or Dynaudio Special Forty. As bookshelf speakers go, for the money, very impressive.

2fastdriving 01-22-2021 06:00 PM

I have some Nola Boxers which are gorgeous to look at and meet your requirements. However, they are a little below your level of performance, I think. They are retail $1500, and if you are looking at speakers costing several times that, they might not perform to your satisfaction. I still think they are fantastic budget bookshelfs!

Kal Rubinson 01-22-2021 06:02 PM

Any of those will be a relief from the PMCs. IMHO, of course.

bart 01-22-2021 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jem666 (Post 1030068)
Proac Tablette (Signature) or Dynaudio Special Forty. As bookshelf speakers go, for the money, very impressive.

Haven't heard the Proacs, agree with the Special Forty. :thumbsup:

Formerly YB-2 01-22-2021 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banter (Post 1030064)
Thank you. Am in Canada. And yes, am also considering JA Pulsar Graphene.

Headed to Ottawa the 2nd week of May (virus permitting). Have Ivan ship to me and I'll bring them up fully broken-in. :thumbsup: