AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Bryston Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   BDP3 and Qobuz (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=48239)

John Jordan 06-17-2020 03:59 PM

BDP3 and Qobuz

Greetings-

I am considering giving Qobuz a try and am wondering if anyone could share their experiences with the BDP3?

Thanks!

James Tanner - Bryston 06-17-2020 06:03 PM

HI John

I use it all the time and love it - some great selections given my music tastes and lots of 24BIT stuff.

It is not officially in Canada yet but they gave me a special subscription for testing purposes with our gear.

james

cleeds 06-18-2020 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Jordan (Post 1007323)
... I am considering giving Qobuz a try and am wondering if anyone could share their experiences with the BDP3? ...

I don't have a BDP3 but I do use Qobuz with a Bryston BDA-3 DAC and it can sound terrific. Spooky good, sometimes.

Stahle 06-18-2020 02:29 PM

I have qobuz too and a simaudio DAC. The music sounds great and they have 99% of what I look for. For my taste in music though, there’s not as much hi res as I would like but I think that’s because it’s just not available.

John Jordan 06-18-2020 10:53 PM

Thanks everyone for your input. While I'm not a fan of re-occurring expenses, it seems to be worth a whirl.

If I am correct understand, Qobuz can be controlled through the BDP 3 and standard Bryston media player (via iPad/laptop/computer) and will not need additional hardware?

Thanks

James Tanner - Bryston 06-19-2020 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Jordan (Post 1007394)
Thanks everyone for your input. While I'm not a fan of re-occurring expenses, it seems to be worth a whirl.

If I am correct understand, Qobuz can be controlled through the BDP 3 and standard Bryston media player (via iPad/laptop/computer) and will not need additional hardware?

Thanks

HI John

Correct. In fact there is a special link in the Manic Moose media player for Qobuz.

james

Ollie 06-20-2020 07:39 AM

Does it sound better than Tidal? It’s not yet available in Singapore or Australia.

robfine 06-21-2020 12:51 AM

I have a BDP-3. Near the beginning of the lockdown I got the trial version of Qobuz. I am well past the trial and into a real subscription. Works great and sounds great.

hdvidguy 06-21-2020 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Tanner - Bryston (Post 1007333)
HI John

I use it all the time and love it - some great selections given my music tastes and lots of 24BIT stuff.

It is not officially in Canada yet but they gave me a special subscription for testing purposes with our gear.

james

Hi James, any word on Canada availability? I signed up to get notified and tried Googling, but no real word.

Thanks!

James Tanner - Bryston 06-21-2020 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hdvidguy (Post 1007585)
Hi James, any word on Canada availability? I signed up to get notified and tried Googling, but no real word.

Thanks!

No word yet.

james