AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Remote Control (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Logitech Harmony Elite Review (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=44766)

jdandy 01-01-2019 08:59 PM

Logitech Harmony Elite Review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNABxzBfQiM

tima 02-15-2019 04:59 AM

The reviewer does not talk about the tight Alexa integration with the Elite. I won't let Alexa anywhere near my house and I hate talking to machines. Luddite? Perhaps.

I'll stick with the Harmony Ultimate Home that I've used for five years now. Works great letting me keep all the boxes in another room.

Poppyhome 02-15-2019 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tima (Post 953419)
The reviewer does not talk about the tight Alexa integration with the Elite. I won't let Alexa anywhere near my house and I hate talking to machines. Luddite? Perhaps.

I'll stick with the Harmony Ultimate Home that I've used for five years now. Works great letting me keep all the boxes in another room.

"Alexa is compatible with Logitech Harmony Elite, Companion (formally Home Control), Smart Control, Ultimate, Ultimate Home, and Harmony Hub."

Alexa is only an option if you have an Echo device, so no need to be scared of the machine taking your job. :eek:

The Harmony Elite is a great product that works well. :thumbsup:

Ron

nicoff 02-15-2019 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poppyhome (Post 953450)
"Alexa is compatible with Logitech Harmony Elite, Companion (formally Home Control), Smart Control, Ultimate, Ultimate Home, and Harmony Hub."

Alexa is only an option if you have an Echo device, so no need to be scared of the machine taking your job. :eek:

Agree about the Alexa being an available option. The user must manually activate that option for it to work.

tima 02-16-2019 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poppyhome (Post 953450)

The Harmony Elite is a great product that works well. :thumbsup:

Ro

Hey, knock yourself out. I'll pass.

Poppyhome 02-16-2019 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tima (Post 953542)
Hey, knock yourself out. I'll pass.

Alexa — My Music, volume up. :music:

Ron

JoeN 10-14-2019 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 947304)

Thanks for posting this. I was considering getting one and this kind of sealed the deal. Thanks again.

W9TR 10-14-2019 08:03 AM

I’ve had a Harmony Elite system for about three years. I would say it is just OK. The integration with my Lutron Caseta lighting controls is slow and stupid. After multiple trouble tickets and a plea to the president of the company, they just can’t seem to fix it.

Also I need alternate IR codes for my McIntosh C1100 and they can’t seem to bother with that either. That one I could fix myself with IR code capture, but that’s a lot of fiddly work.

I’ll give it a ‘C’, which could be an ‘A’ if they could fix the nagging issues I’ve got.

clpetersen 10-14-2019 11:20 AM

Elite

Quote:

Originally Posted by W9TR (Post 982468)
I’ve had a Harmony Elite system for about three years. I would say it is just OK. .....

....I’ll give it a ‘C’, which could be an ‘A’ if they could fix the nagging issues I’ve got.

Similar to above, a B- for other reasons. I use our OPPO 205 as the hub in our simple media room for the OPPOs exceptional audio and video processing. But only one HDMI input. So, for now, a simple 'dumb' 4K HDMI switch in front.

So, enter the Elite. With proper sequencing and delays (a bit of trial and error...), you can get all this work w/o dark or blue screens (an EDID/HDCP handshake issue - the cost of a dumb switch).

But getting the Elite to sequence everything and add delays was just painful.

So, for simple set-ups it is a very nice remote, the layout is great, the backlit buttons are nice, but the ability to customize is somewhat frustrating.

Poppyhome 10-14-2019 11:36 AM

Maybe you guys are being overly critical. :scratch2:

Its easy to use, can do mostly anything with trial and error and the interface and updates works well.............nothing better at this price point for a DIY system. :yes:

Alexa integration works well for me most of the time.

My only complaint is wanting more than 2 IR mini-blasters.

I give it an A-

Ron