AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Shunyata Research (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   New Everest Review in Stereophile (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=49843)

Puma Cat 05-05-2021 12:14 PM

Well, the Triton V3 is no longer in production, so it's a moot point.

mrenardsmith 05-05-2021 02:59 PM

Why would it be moot? There are a number of us with the TV3/TQR combo and a number of folks that may be looking at acquiring in the used market. Of course we could all try the Everest and see for ourselves, but I thought one of the uses of forums like this is to hear perspectives from others based on their experiences. I still haven’t heard a real response and none of the reviews published make a direct comparison to the TV3/TQR. That combo was over twice the cost of the Everest and just a few years ago hailed as the greatest. Has anyone had both in their system and care to provide commentary?

SCAudiophile 05-05-2021 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrenardsmith (Post 1037915)
Why would it be moot? There are a number of us with the TV3/TQR combo and a number of folks that may be looking at acquiring in the used market. Of course we could all try the Everest and see for ourselves, but I thought one of the uses of forums like this is to hear perspectives from others based on their experiences. I still haven’t heard a real response and none of the reviews published make a direct comparison to the TV3/TQR. That combo was over twice the cost of the Everest and just a few years ago hailed as the greatest. Has anyone had both in their system and care to provide commentary?

+1 on this, the point is far from moot.

I have the TV3/TQR combo in my system for a long time and it is the best I have heard having gome thru a long list of great conditioners back to the the late 90s amd heavy forward from early 2000s when the market exploded.

All the reviews pretty much seem to focus on Everest with an Omega XC cable but no direct comparisons.

I've not had the good fortune to have both setups here,..maybe someday to do a full on compare.

edward3132 05-05-2021 05:56 PM

Not exactly the requested combo but I just upgraded to the Everest.
Had a Triton 3 with the original Typhon.
Using both with a Sigma XC V2 power cord.

There is no comparison. The Everest alone with the Sigma XC far out performs the previous setup I was using. More space around the music and the sound is so much more musical.

Edward

SCAudiophile 05-05-2021 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edward3132 (Post 1037930)
Not exactly the requested combo but I just upgraded to the Everest.
Had a Triton 3 with the original Typhon.
Using both with a Sigma XC V2 power cord.

There is no comparison. The Everest alone with the Sigma XC far out performs the previous setup I was using. More space around the music and the sound is so much more musical.

Edward

Thank you for a great post!

mcpaf76 05-09-2021 07:53 AM

Good read, I am probably adding one of these and 5 new cords soon.

John49 05-09-2021 12:40 PM

Would be nice to see an Everest with UK sockets!

Puma Cat 05-09-2021 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcpaf76 (Post 1038099)
Good read, I am probably adding one of these and 5 new cords soon.

Prepare to be blown away by what it does for your system. I had a Denali 6000/S V2 and it was really excellent but Everest is on...another level altogether.

mcpaf76 05-10-2021 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puma Cat (Post 1038113)
Prepare to be blown away by what it does for your system. I had a Denali 6000/S V2 and it was really excellent but Everest is on...another level altogether.

That's what I'm hoping for, and from what I've heard I don't doubt it.