AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Cables Galore (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Transparent Audio Cable (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=14368)

thesaint519 06-02-2012 05:42 PM

Transparent Audio Cable
 
Call me crazy, but with all the recent posts being made about Transparent, I thought it just made sense that Transparent should have it's own thread. At least now all the information being dispensed would be centralized and easy to find.

Fellow AA comrades,

I ordered a set of Transparent Reference Balanced IC MM1s about a week ago, which came in two nights ago, courtesy of Larry Marcus of Paragon Sight & Sound. He also included set of Transparent Audio Music Wave Ultra spkr cable to demo along with the Reference ICs. In a word, wow! Didn't realize how much information I was missing out on. What good is reference quality gear if you never get to hear what it can do? I am a believer. These cables have literally transformed my system. It is so much more revealing, and resolving. The details are there where they weren't before. I had Analysis Plus Silver Ovals all around, which have served me well. But now, I'm effectively immersed in sound to a degree that I've never experienced before. I really can't believe it. It's revelatory. I'm being exposed to a complete experience; not just angelic highs, or seductive mids, or furniture moving bass. All of it is present in its proper relationships to the others. It's like being wrapped up in a warm blanket with just a slight chill in the air. It's emotional. The emotional connection - :tears: - that I'd been hunting for throughout my audio journey has finally been realized :D. I just can't stop listening. There's no going back now.

For a very long time, I'd been avoiding Transparent for a myriad of the popular reasons. But I can say that one of the major reasons for this new consideration was a candid conversation that I had with Peter McGrath, while he was here in NY. He simply said, give them a try. And boy, was he spot on. Thanks Peter.

I'm lookin' to up the ante by finding a set of Transparent Audio Reference MM1 spkr cables, and then upgrade them all to MM2 first chance I get. Toga is also encouraging me to replace all my current power cords with Transparent power cords. I can't wait to have the full suite of Transparent Audio cables. :thumbsup:

Has anyone else had similar experiences with Transparent?

bradleyc 06-02-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesaint519
Call me crazy, but with all the recent posts being made about Transparent, I thought it just made sense that Transparent should have it's own thread. At least now all the information being dispensed would be centralized and easy to find.

You're crazy! Just messing' with you since you said call me crazy. I'm glad you found that sound you've been searching for, hi-end cables matched right with hi-end gear can really take your system to a whole new level. BIG congratulations!

thesaint519 06-02-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradleyc (Post 318055)
You're crazy! Just messing' with you since you said call me crazy. I'm glad you found that sound you've been searching for, hi-end cables matched right with hi-end gear can really take your system to a whole new level. BIG congratulations!

You got me :roflmao:. Thanks for such kind words. I'm really without words to describe what I'm hearing these days. Once the cables were in, and I turn the system on, my mouth hit the floor :eek2:. Transparent is worthy - :bowdown: - of consideration for anyone attempting to get closer to the music.

ZenErik 06-02-2012 08:40 PM

Wow. Just checked out their site... I need to win the lottery for some of those Opus cables.

To be honest, I have yet to try any high end interconnects. Is it really worth it?

thesaint519 06-03-2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenErik
Wow. Just checked out their site... I need to win the lottery for some of those Opus cables.

To be honest, I have yet to try any high end interconnects. Is it really worth it?

ABSOLUTELY!! I'm not a rich man, by any stretch of the imagination. I very seldom buy new. Why? Because most of the stuff I want is cost prohibitive. Not to mention, there are some excellent values on the used market. Had I not tried Transparent, I would not have believed my system could sound THIS good. What cables are you using now? What does your system consist of?

joeinid 06-03-2012 12:36 AM

I've been using Transparent Super speaker cables and a mix of Transparent Super XLR interconnects as well as WireWorld Silver Eclipse and Gold Eclipse XLR's depending on length. I think they all do a great job, but I not sure which IC's I like better, yet. I do think there might be an undeniable synergy going on with the all Transparent loom even though it's not near the top of the line from Transparent Audio. I'd like to save up for some Platinum Eclipse IC's but that might take a while. :cry:

Still-One 06-03-2012 06:13 AM

I am a big fan of what Transparent can do for your system. I am especially happy with the newer Powerlink MM2x power cords. Expensive, but worth the upgrade on my amps.

Jim

thesaint519 06-03-2012 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still-One
I am a big fan of what Transparent can do for your system. I am especially happy with the newer Powerlink MM2x power cords. Expensive, but worth the upgrade on my amps.

Jim

Hey Jim,

Can you tell me more about the sonic impact that the Powerlink MM2x made? Did u upgrade from another Transparent power cord? If so, which one, and how much of a difference did it make?

Still-One 06-03-2012 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesaint519 (Post 318246)
Hey Jim,

Can you tell me more about the sonic impact that the Powerlink MM2x made? Did u upgrade from another Transparent power cord? If so, which one, and how much of a difference did it make?

Yes, I upgraded from the Reference Powerlink on my amps. I am still using Reference level on all my other gear except for the amps. I think the MM2x's are much better than the MM2's. Clearer and better bass.

Jim

Bretdago 06-03-2012 07:06 AM

I have used Transparent cable, power cords and line conditioning products as a reference for many years now. They are without a doubt the very best of anything I have tried and I have tried most for extended amounts of time. I have mixes of other cables around to make sure my products synergize with other cable brands but I always go back to the Transparent as my reference. They should have a thread indeed...


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ęCopyright 2009-2022 AudioAficionado.org.Privately owned, All Rights Reserved.