AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Aerial Acoustics (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   New Aerials on the way. (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=35892)

Forte 4A 05-21-2016 06:03 PM

New Aerials on the way.

Michael Kelly was at Audio/Video Therapy Thursday night to demo his new on wall 7T LCR's and the 5T speaker. He also told the audience that the new 12T will be out by the end of the year price will be around $20,000. The bass will response will go down to 25hz and will have an upgraded soft dome tweeter. The speaker will be fairly efficient at 90db. There will also a 25T at around $35,000. He said they are developing a concrete head for the speaker. And they are developing a new state of the art Beryllium tweeter. Bass will go down to a very tight 20hz. Again it will be rated at 90db. These speakers will weigh in at around 300lbs. Also, he was not specific, he is planning on a Special Edition 7T. It was a fun evening w/other interesting demos by Jadis, Spendor and Linn to name a few.:thumbsup:

Yamaki 05-21-2016 09:09 PM

It's always big news when Aerial announces new speakers!

Looking forward to see what these new models look like.

Wasatch 05-21-2016 09:22 PM

Always been an Aerial fan.

BlueFox 05-21-2016 11:07 PM

I am loving my 7Ts. They must be close to three years old now, and are sounding better. My house is being remodeled so the two channel is inoperative. I have been using my HT/surround/stereo system exclusively now for almost 3 months, and the 7Ts as the fronts are fantastic. I am even halfway thinking of selling the two channel, and just using the HT system.

--------------------------------------------

Lumin S1
Pass XP-20 pre, X600.5 amps
Magico S5 speakers

Shunyata Triton v2/Typhon for source, Cyclops v2 (2) for amps
Shunyata Z Anaconda XLR analog ICs, Z Anaconda speaker cables
Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables
Revelation Audio Passage Cryo-Silver Reference DB-25 umbilical power cable

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
Three 20 amp circuits.

Greg B 05-22-2016 08:58 AM

I'm anxious to see what MK can pull out of his hat for 30K. That's well above what I could spend on a pair of speakers and still sleep at night but I'll bet they will be incredible. BlueFox, I use my 7T's as a part of a ht as well. My pre/pro is a Marantz AV-8802 which imo has a very good 2 channel section. My Center is the AA cc3 and I have two sets of sr3's. I'd like to grab 7cc but cant justify the cost at this point. The cc3 does a very good job with dialogue.

GreginNH1 05-22-2016 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forte 4A (Post 781304)
Michael Kelly was at Audio/Video Therapy Thursday night to demo his new on wall 7T LCR's and the 5T speaker. He also told the audience that the new 12T will be out by the end of the year price will be around $20,000. The bass will response will go down to 25hz and will have an upgraded soft dome tweeter. The speaker will be fairly efficient at 90db. There will also a 25T at around $35,000. He said they are developing a concrete head for the speaker. And they are developing a new state of the art Beryllium tweeter. Bass will go down to a very tight 20hz. Again it will be rated at 90db. These speakers will weigh in at around 300lbs. Also, he was not specific, he is planning on a Special Edition 7T. It was a fun evening w/other interesting demos by Jadis, Spendor and Linn to name a few.:thumbsup:

Who knew? We were both the same room! Too bad I didn't know as we could have introduced ourselves!

Masterlu 05-22-2016 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreginNH1 (Post 781421)
Who knew? We were both the same room! Too bad I didn't know as we could have introduced ourselves!

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C7txPU6efos[/ame]

:D

mchydro 05-22-2016 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 781425)

Lol

Forte 4A 05-22-2016 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreginNH1 (Post 781421)

I had a Rhode Island University shirt and RIU camouflage hat. I was in the back row. I think you may have been sitting in front of me.:yes:

GreginNH1 05-24-2016 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forte 4A (Post 781528)
I had a Rhode Island University shirt and RIU camouflage hat. I was in the back row. I think you may have been sitting in front of me.:yes:

Yup - I was in the front row asking all the dumb questions about the 7T!:scratch2: