AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Bricasti Design (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=174)
-   -   Bricasti Products to be disabled in ROON (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=48610)

Puma Cat 09-10-2020 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sircharles (Post 1014141)
Yes I’m aware... Just feeling uncertain about this news.

I hope this “fallout” doesn’t lead to all Bricasti products being dropped by Roon.

Quite unreasonable that Roon doesn’t return the products back after they are done certifying them.

JRiver would work in place of Roon to maintain network capabilities. A thought I now have to think about and probably start planing for.

There may be very practical reasons for this. As Roon adds new functionality, features and upgrades it's code base, having the product in-house will let Roon certify "Roon Ready" for future versions of Roon for existing products.

JemHadar 09-10-2020 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puma Cat (Post 1014164)
There may be very practical reasons for this. As Roon adds new functionality, features and upgrades it's code base, having the product in-house will let Roon certify "Roon Ready" for future versions of Roon for existing products.

+1

clpetersen 09-10-2020 01:57 PM

Thanks Stephen - good post. I am a recent Roon convert - enjoying greatly.

We have an extensive Sonos network throughout the home, and it works very well with Roon, albeit no hi-res (newer Sonos will accept 24 bit though). It is interesting that older Sonos product (e.g. Play 1) show up as Roon tested, while newer ones (e.g. Port) show up as 'other'.

Puma Cat 09-10-2020 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clpetersen (Post 1014170)
Thanks Stephen - good post. I am a recent Roon convert - enjoying greatly.

We have an extensive Sonos network throughout the home, and it works very well with Roon, albeit no hi-res (newer Sonos will accept 24 bit though). It is interesting that older Sonos product (e.g. Play 1) show up as Roon tested, while newer ones (e.g. Port) show up as 'other'.

Yes, my Apple TV shows up as "Roon Tested" whereas my SOtM UltraNeo SMS-200 shows up as "Roon Ready".

Projectman 09-11-2020 07:27 PM

Roon Ready only applies to networked devices using Roon’s RAAT protocol

Bones13 09-18-2020 11:47 AM

On the Roon compatibility page, the M12 is listed as ready, and they have the device inhouse to test on new releases.

Question I would have, is the streamer board (ethernet -> DAC) the same in all the Bricasti devices? I know the DAC boards differ among the various devices, but is the hardware/firmware that runs the streamer section the same?

Antonmb 09-18-2020 12:45 PM

Here’s the solution, read the first post in this thread. https://community.roonlabs.com/t/a-f...devices/120426

It’s a bit long-winded, but the short of it is this:

“What does this all mean for me?

Existing Roon accounts using uncertified devices as of September 21 can request to keep all access to their currently owned uncertified Roon Ready devices before September 21st. Once access is granted, they will see no changes to their access or ability to enable/disable those devices.
All other Roon accounts will no longer be able to enable uncertified Roon Ready devices on/after September 21st.
So, how do I get the fix?

Fill out this form: https://zfrmz.com/hQNRXlk8iLiJaQeIN2Dv 844

Everyone, thanks for your feedback and for putting up with our growing pains. We really do appreciate that you are all passionate enough about Roon to voice your opinions.”

Lxgreen 11-10-2020 10:27 PM

I have Roon problem Bricasti is working on. I have an M12 and I used LAN for streaming, RCA input for Phono, and XLR input for home theater. Prior to Roon update, if I was watching home theater on xlr, I could just select an album from Roon, hit play, and M12 automatically went to LAN input. After Roon update, this does not happen and volume goes straight though to speakers at ear splitting volume. I have a temporary work around by using a separate streamer and bricasti usb input. Kind of defeats the whole purpose of having a built in Ethernet streamer but can’t risk blowing my speakers and ears when I forget to switch inputs after watching TV. Bricasti team has been great but they’re working with third party with no control.

crwilli 11-11-2020 09:02 AM

Good luck! That is clearly not a good situation. Brian will no doubt work to help you but as you said, can’t control ROON.

Bones13 11-11-2020 11:05 AM

It is a different system to be sure. None of the other inputs will auto-select, but when you click go on the roon control app, it will switch to ethernet, and start play.

Seems like there was a way to have a set starting volume. I need to look into that.

(Edit) look on page 8 of the M12 manual, it lists a "reference" function, where you can store a volume level for an input. It specifically lists the home theater vs analog playback as a possible use. (edit)