AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   The “X Files” (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   Are we alone in the universe? Poll (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=45916)

PHC1 05-28-2019 04:39 PM

Are we alone in the universe? Poll

Out of curiosity, please vote on the description you agree with the most.

PHC1 05-28-2019 05:44 PM

The Washington Post says we should "adjust" to the fact that UFOs exist.... :smoking:

Are they getting us ready for DISCLOSURE???

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...=.700a8d4192d9

Masterlu 05-28-2019 05:54 PM

Serge... you forgot one;

We are not alone and we have been contacted, I was also abducted but got away. ;)

radio times 05-28-2019 05:58 PM

The problem is, as always, distance. Corporeal beings cannot travel at light speed or many times that number to pop in for tea and cakes. That darn space dust, and inconvenient minor planets and black holes getting in front of the windscreen. If their diaphanous beings with see through spaceships and can pass unaffected I guess it's possible.

PHC1 05-28-2019 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 966387)
Serge... you forgot one;

We are not alone and we have been contacted, I was also abducted but got away. ;)

Abductions and cattle mutilations that went on for decades are a whole different topic in itself. :smoking:

I am just curious as to how the public views the existence of UFO and the possibility of us being "visited", which may or may not be sentient life forms.

Given all the difficulties of space travel (unless it is much different than what we imagine or guess it to be at this point of our own knowledge), chances are the UFOs are much like our own exploration probes, just on a much higher level of technological advancement. A UFO could very well be a drone from another planet simply doing reconnaissance work... Let's hope that whatever those "visitors" decide to do after does not threaten us.

But what would I know about this topic? I've only seen a "few" bonafide UFOs in my life and one that was clearly over my head that made me "feel" its presence when I was a child. I couldn't forget it even if I wanted to... Been researching the topic ever since. :smoking:

I am glad to see that the public is becoming more aware and taking the topic much more seriously and without the idiotic ridicule of the skeptics as if they have all the answers to the "puzzle" we call our "universe".... :yes:

Route 66 05-28-2019 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 966387)
Serge... you forgot one;

:laughin:

jdandy 05-28-2019 07:04 PM

Serge.......I have felt relatively certain for quite some time that humans have been in contact with other life forms. I also lean toward thinking that some of the incredible technological advances developed in the last half century or perhaps a bit longer have been aided and benefited from knowledge bases greater than ours, most likely from more advanced beings than humans. Through all time until the present century advances in the manner in which we live, solve problems, and research what is unknown to us have crept along at a snails pace, but the speed at which astonishing advances have taken place in the past half century literally dwarfs every other stage of human development. My thinking leads me to believe there has been help from somewhere beyond what can be considered normal human intellectual enlightenment and growth. Call me crazy, but the notion of advance beings helping humans to solve unimaginably difficult problems and challenges doesn't seem that far of a stretch in logic.

IM3CPO 05-28-2019 07:37 PM

The *REAL* question is what type of speaker cable and inter connects the aliens use on their audio equipment. And do Ethernet cables really make a difference in audio quality?

Masterlu 05-28-2019 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IM3CPO (Post 966401)
The *REAL* question is what type of speaker cable and inter connects the aliens use on their audio equipment. And do Ethernet cables really make a difference in audio quality?

https://media.giphy.com/media/oBPOP48aQpIxq/giphy.gif

:D

jzzmusician 05-28-2019 08:14 PM

Physics is not a "solved," science.

Puma Cat 05-28-2019 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 966398)
Serge.......I have felt relatively certain for quite some time that humans have been in contact with other life forms. I also lean toward thinking that some of the incredible technological advances developed in the last half century or perhaps a bit longer have been aided and benefited from knowledge bases greater than ours, most likely from more advanced beings than humans. Through all time until the present century advances in the manner in which we live, solve problems, and research what is unknown to us have crept along at a snails pace, but the speed at which astonishing advances have taken place in the past half century literally dwarfs every other stage of human development. My thinking leads me to believe there has been help from somewhere beyond what can be considered normal human intellectual enlightenment and growth. Call me crazy, but the notion of advance beings helping humans to solve unimaginably difficult problems and challenges doesn't seem that far of a stretch in logic.

Yes. And they’re called dolphins! :D

PHC1 05-28-2019 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 966398)

Dan, I wholeheartedly agree. There are plenty of others who suspect as much and some hold titles and positions that would imply higher than average education and intelligence. :smoking: Let’s just say that having a solution to some of our most significant discoveries come to those involved in their sleep is highly suspicious of “external” influence.... Mendeleev and periodic table, Wallace and evolution, Kekule and the benzene molecular structure, Ramanujan and the goddess Namagiri that would show up in his dreams and offer mathematical solutions, Descartes and the scientific method, Loewi and neuron impulses, Agassis and structure of fossils that came to him in dreams over a period of 3 nights.... In dreams? :smoking: Hmmm....

PHC1 05-28-2019 09:13 PM

Some interesting insight as to the increased media attention to UFO phenomena and how things are developing.

13 Reasons to believe Aliens are real. NY Magazine Intelligencer. http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/...-are-real.html

PHC1 05-28-2019 09:27 PM

Of course my vote had to be #4. I strongly believe the public is kept in the dark on purpose. :smoking:

Just one example among the countless others...

From Wikipedia.

On the evening of December 9, 1965, a large, brilliant fireball was seen by thousands in at least six U.S. states and Ontario, Canada. It streaked over the Detroit, Michigan – Windsor, Canada area. Reports of hot metal debris over Michigan and northern Ohio, grass fires, and sonic booms in the Pittsburgh metropolitan area were attributed to the fireball. Some people in the village of Kecksburg, about 30 miles southeast of Pittsburgh, reported something crashing in the woods, wisps of blue smoke, vibrations and a "thump".

According to an initial story in the Greensburg Tribune-Review "The area where the object landed was immediately sealed off on the order of U.S. Army and State Police officials, reportedly in anticipation of a 'close inspection' of whatever may have fallen ... State Police officials there ordered the area roped off to await the expected arrival of both U.S. Army engineers and possibly, civilian scientists." When State troopers and Air Force personnel searched the woods, they reportedly found "absolutely nothing"

In December 2005, just before the 40th anniversary of the Kecksburg incident, NASA released a statement reporting that experts had examined metallic fragments from the area and determined they were from a Russian satellite that re-entered the atmosphere and broke up, but records of their findings were lost in the 1990s.

Leslie Kean, described as "an investigative reporter backed by the Sci-Fi Channel", reportedly "sued NASA under the Freedom of Information Act" for the lost NASA records. On October 26, 2007, NASA agreed to search for those records after being ordered by a court. During the hearing, Steve McConnell, NASA's public liaison officer, testified that two boxes of papers from the time of the Kecksburg incident were missing. Loss of records is not a unique case for NASA; for example, the original tapes recorded during the televised Apollo 11 Moon landing were misplaced or reused

More recent comments by NASA are less supportive of a link to a Russian satellite:

There is some speculation that the reentry of the Cosmos 96/Venera-type spacecraft was responsible for a fireball which was seen over southwestern Ontario, Canada and at least eight states from Michigan to New York at 4:43 p.m. EST (21:43 UT) on 9 December 1965. Investigations of photographs and sightings of the fireball indicated its path through the atmosphere was probably too steep to be consistent with a spacecraft re-entering from Earth orbit and was more likely a meteor in a prograde orbit from the vicinity of the asteroid belt, and probably ended its flight over western Lake Erie. U.S. Air Force tracking data on Cosmos 96 also indicate the spacecraft orbit decayed earlier than 21:43 UT on 9 December. Other unconfirmed reports state the fireball subsequently landed in Pennsylvania southeast of Pittsburgh near the town of Kecksburg.

Round and round we go but it is getting much more difficult to deny and conceal the countless UFO sightings in the era of everyone gazing up at the sky and being aware. :smoking:

PHC1 05-28-2019 10:13 PM

https://www.citizenhearing.org/

PHC1 05-28-2019 10:34 PM

8 Declassified UFO Sightings with REAL Footage

https://youtu.be/rxVjYDNrxTk

PHC1 05-28-2019 10:54 PM

Prime example of the remnants of the stigma of the UFO phenomena and the resulting sarcastic, idiotic and unnecessary comments from the journalist.

CNN reports on the pilots speaking out about their UFO encounters. https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2019/0...ending-videos/

Masterlu 05-28-2019 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHC1 (Post 966424)
8 Declassified UFO Sightings with REAL Footage

https://youtu.be/rxVjYDNrxTk

Lens flare... :laughin:

PHC1 05-28-2019 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 966428)
Lens flare... :laughin:

Lens flairs, bugs in the system, atmospheric effects, weather balloons, swamp gas.... :smoking:

When a reported cube encased in a sphere flies right between two jet fighters flying in formation and causes the experience fighter pilots to express their concern for safety to their superiors... they will still be saying that it is a natural phenomena... :lmao:

PHC1 05-28-2019 11:37 PM

I am not in the procession of the videos, so I don't expect to see the men in black come looking for me but.... :smoking:

A good friend of mine made the mistake of sending the videos he captured one summer night to a few local news networks. Of course he never heard back from any of them but instead died of a heart attack in his backyard in a few weeks. He was only 53 and healthy as a horse... :tears: Coincidence? Perhaps...

The video he shot captured a glowing sphere that resembled a ball of plasma with mysterious saucer shaped objects lined up and going into the ball of plasma one by one and zooming off at tremendous speed. Recharging station? A portal? Earthly technology? I am sure it wasn't ours... The video was of good enough quality to see some amazing detail. :smoking:

Poor guy, he didn't listen when I told him NOT to share that. The video was still in his camcorder on tape so he couldn't have doctored it and besides he was a very honest and straight forward guy.

I don't expect that anyone would be looking for me to obtain the tapes since I don't have them... :smoking:

Tom R. 05-28-2019 11:55 PM

Serge--I want to thank you for mentioning the fireball over Michigan and putting a date on it. I saw it. It remains an indelible memory, but until now it was always something that happened "when I was a kid." On that date I was ten years old and living in Ann Arbor. A friend and I were riding our bikes when it went overhead. It was red, yellow and white and about the size of a full moon in the sky. What's more, we heard it-- making a pffft sound as it went. I don't recall a sonic boom, but there may well have been one. We were foolish enough to think if we rode our bikes in the direction it was traveling we would find it. That didn't happen of course, but we knew then, and I know now, that what we saw was a meteor. I've told the story a few times over the years, and I've always kind of hoped to see another one that spectacular, but so far no luck.

Before you posted about the fireball, I was going to add my two cents to the debate by quoting Arthur C. Clarke's "third law": "Technology sufficiently advanced seems like magic." I think we should never underestimate the power of human imagination.

I have a friend who works for JPL and is involved with the Mars rovers. I asked him once, "Have you found life on Mars yet, or are you keeping it a secret?" He said, "We wouldn't keep it a secret. It would be worth billions in additional funding!"

Tom

PHC1 05-29-2019 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom R. (Post 966431)
Serge--I want to thank you for mentioning the fireball over Michigan and putting a date on it. I saw it. It remains an indelible memory, but until now it was always something that happened "when I was a kid." On that date I was ten years old and living in Ann Arbor. A friend and I were riding our bikes when it went overhead. It was red, yellow and white and about the size of a full moon in the sky. What's more, we heard it-- making a pffft sound as it went. I don't recall a sonic boom, but there may well have been one. We were foolish enough to think if we rode our bikes in the direction it was traveling we would find it. That didn't happen of course, but we knew then, and I know now, that what we saw was a meteor. I've told the story a few times over the years, and I've always kind of hoped to see another one that spectacular, but so far no luck.

Before you posted about the fireball, I was going to add my two cents to the debate by quoting Arthur C. Clarke's "third law": "Technology sufficiently advanced seems like magic." I think we should never underestimate the power of human imagination.

I have a friend who works for JPL and is involved with the Mars rovers. I asked him once, "Have you found life on Mars yet, or are you keeping it a secret?" He said, "We wouldn't keep it a secret. It would be worth billions in additional funding!"

Tom

Tom it wouldn’t be NASA if they didn’t change their story. In December 2005, just before the 40th anniversary of the Kecksburg incident, NASA released a statement reporting that experts had examined metallic fragments from the area and determined they were from a Russian satellite that re-entered the atmosphere and broke up, but records of their findings were lost in the 1990s. Only to change their minds in the later years since the trajectory was not consistent with a satellite when pushed and prodded with the more modern knowledge of such things. :smoking:

So what was it really? I guess we will never really know.

As far as mars goes, I think it’s all but settled that there was life on Mars. It’s no coincidence we are so interested in Mars. Of course if you recall we were told just the opposite a few decades ago with NASA claiming it was nothing but a dead planet, it never had any water or signs of life of any kind. Wait another decade or perhaps less this time around, they will discover microbes and all kinds of life under the surface. Where there is methane, there is life. :smoking: That’s not to mention all the artifacts found on Mars that we are led to believe are nothing more than our eyes tricking us. :D

PHC1 05-29-2019 12:08 AM

https://www.space.com/exomars-orbite...e-mystery.html

PHC1 05-29-2019 12:21 AM

There is a Russian prodigy young man who was unusual from birth. Learned to talk and walk way before the normal developmental curve. He started recounting his memories of living on Mars in the previous life at the age of 3. He surprised a few scientists when interviewed with facts about Mars he couldn’t or shouldn’t have known at the age of 6 or 7. Let’s just say we are not going to find life on Mars on the surface... :smoking: Have to look deeper where the surviving Martian colony really resides. :smoking: I’ve seen the interviews. Sounds far fetched and impossible? Well, tell that to the parents of kids that have recollections of previous lives with confirmed facts they bring to the conversation. This young man seemed and sounded totally legit to me. :smoking:

PHC1 05-29-2019 12:41 AM

I've seen plenty of interviews in the boy's native language which is Russian. It was a while before this story was picked up and some journalists traveled to Russia to question "Boris" and translated the info into English. Unfortunately there are not many English language videos about this prodigy young man but here is a pretty good one.

Russian Boy Claiming He’s From Mars Issues Apocalyptic Warning That Makes Experts Uneasy https://youtu.be/kAKgdWlXmu8

JemHadar 05-29-2019 01:55 AM

Are we alone in the universe? Poll

Now this is a sobering thought

...love the Richard Feynman bit at the end.

https://youtu.be/PqEmYU8Y_rI

murphyb74 05-29-2019 08:36 AM

The movie that explains it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMsqHqKaFlQ

PHC1 05-29-2019 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jem666 (Post 966443)

It may be a sobering thought and a good video but it’s just a thought... Trust me on that. :D If today one can wonder if some of the sightings may be experimental craft and amazing technology, 30-50 years ago it was simply not possible. I seriously doubt any country has the technology to achieve what is being described by the pilots and other observers so frequently now. They are here and they’ve been here.... :smoking:

No country has a plasma ball that serves as some refueling station or a portal with craft lined up and entering it one by one to zoom out with speeds exceeding any imagination.... I’ve seen that with my own eyes so to me the videos trying to convince us against the statistical probabilities of the sheer amounts of observable by us galaxies, stars and countless planets being devoid of intelligent life is simply, well, silly.... :smoking:

If the basic elements are the same throughout the universe and we are made of the same basic elements (carbon based life), there is no amount of convincing that could possibly convince me that we are somehow unique and a one in a trillion trillions lucky to be the only ones here. If someone believes it, religion should take precedence over science, probabilities and statistics in the first place....

In the mean time we are spending billions searching and listening for the signs of intelligent life and will continue doing so as they are all around us and making their presence known almost daily.

jdandy 05-29-2019 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHC1 (Post 966430)
I am not in the procession of the videos, so I don't expect to see the men in black come looking for me but.... :smoking:

A good friend of mine made the mistake of sending the videos he captured one summer night to a few local news networks. Of course he never heard back from any of them but instead died of a heart attack in his backyard in a few weeks. He was only 53 and healthy as a horse... :tears: Coincidence? Perhaps...

The video he shot captured a glowing sphere that resembled a ball of plasma with mysterious saucer shaped objects lined up and going into the ball of plasma one by one and zooming off at tremendous speed. Recharging station? A portal? Earthly technology? I am sure it wasn't ours... The video was of good enough quality to see some amazing detail. :smoking:

Poor guy, he didn't listen when I told him NOT to share that. The video was still in his camcorder on tape so he couldn't have doctored it and besides he was a very honest and straight forward guy.

I don't expect that anyone would be looking for me to obtain the tapes since I don't have them... :smoking:

http://w.jamaicagleaner.com/sites/de...?itok=ox0cx9oe

jdandy 05-29-2019 11:32 AM

Serge.......I think the governmental secrecy surrounding verified sightings and actual discovered physical evidence centers on two things, hidden national defense capabilities and astronomical profit for a select few with access to information and technology far beyond human ingenuity. Power and profit.

PHC1 05-29-2019 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 966468)
Serge.......I think the governmental secrecy surrounding verified sightings and actual discovered physical evidence centers on two things, hidden national defense capabilities and astronomical profit for a select few with access to information and technology far beyond human ingenuity. Power and profit.

Dan, let's just say there is pretty solid evidence the technology is being suppressed... :smoking: Free energy does NOT fit into our current model. We use the fossil fuels for profit and for geopolitical pressure to stay in control and to fatten the wallets of those on top. Can't have FREE with our current structure of for profit system. It is not even the money but control and power that interests the cabal.

It is not until the world population is reduced by 80-90% that the offspring of those "on top" will go on living not knowing what it is like to fight for natural resources, clean water and food. It is coming... Don't think the masterminds are not aware that the population is unsustainable. It's been discussed behind closed doors since the early 90's. It has already begun. We will never see it coming. Enjoy the last few decades. :smoking:

If the Georgia Guide Stones built anonymously are not a sign of what the master plan is, I don't know what is but the public is so gullible and naive... There is a reason why it specifically lists the numbers the population should be, it has been figured out a long time ago. New World Order.

Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
Guide reproduction wisely — improving fitness and diversity.
Unite humanity with a living new language.
Rule passion — faith — tradition — and all things with tempered reason.
Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
Balance personal rights with social duties.
Prize truth — beauty — love — seeking harmony with the infinite.
Be not a cancer on the earth — Leave room for nature — Leave room for nature.

https://cdn.zmescience.com/wp-conten...idestone-2.jpg

http://guideforseniors.com/blog/wp-c...es-800x400.jpg

PHC1 05-29-2019 12:27 PM

A bit off-topic here but... I always found it rather odd that we continue to add Sodium Fluoride to our public water supply against the statistics that countries that do not add Fluoride to the their water do not have increased incidences of tooth decay when brushing their teeth regularly. We still have tooth decay and fillings and root canals... :smoking:

What is Sodium Fluoride? Well, the Nazis knew what it was, they were experimenting with it. :smoking: Let's put that aside and simply consider the facts.

Warning label of Sodium Fluoride.

https://www.superfoodly.com/wp-conte...ide-poison.jpg

From Wikipedia.

Fluorides, particularly aqueous solutions of sodium fluoride, are rapidly and quite extensively absorbed by the human body.[20]

Fluorides interfere with electron transport and calcium metabolism. Calcium is essential for maintaining cardiac membrane potentials and in regulating coagulation. Large ingestion of fluoride salts or hydrofluoric acid may result in fatal arrhythmias due to profound hypocalcemia. Chronic over-absorption can cause hardening of bones, calcification of ligaments, and buildup on teeth. Fluoride can cause irritation or corrosion to eyes, skin, and nasal membranes.[21]

The lethal dose for a 70 kg (154 lb) human is estimated at 5–10 g. Sodium fluoride is classed as toxic by both inhalation (of dusts or aerosols) and ingestion. In high enough doses, it has been shown to affect the heart and circulatory system. For occupational exposures, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration and the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health have established occupational exposure limits at 2.5 mg/m3 over an eight-hour time-weighted average.

In the higher doses used to treat osteoporosis, plain sodium fluoride can cause pain in the legs and incomplete stress fractures when the doses are too high; it also irritates the stomach, sometimes so severely as to cause ulcers. Slow-release and enteric-coated versions of sodium fluoride do not have gastric side effects in any significant way, and have milder and less frequent complications in the bones.[24] In the lower doses used for water fluoridation, the only clear adverse effect is dental fluorosis, which can alter the appearance of children's teeth during tooth development; this is mostly mild and is unlikely to represent any real effect on aesthetic appearance or on public health.[25] A chronic fluoride ingestion of 1 ppm of fluoride in drinking water can cause mottling of the teeth (fluorosis) and an exposure of 1.7 ppm will produce mottling in 30–50 % of patients.[

https://cdn.aquasana.com/images/word...-1-960x960.jpg

Most developed nations do not fluoridate their water. In western Europe, for example, only 3% of the population consumes fluoridated water.
While 25 countries have water fluoridation programs, 11 of these countries have less than 20% of their population consuming fluoridated water: Argentina (19%), Guatemala (13%), Panama (15%), Papa New Guinea (6%), Peru (2%), Serbia (3%), Spain (11%), South Korea (6%), the United Kingdom (11%), and Vietnam (4%).
Only 11 countries in the world have more than 50% of their population drinking fluoridated water: Australia (80%), Brunei (95%); Chile (70%), Guyana (62%), Hong Kong (100%), the Irish Republic (73%), Israel (70%), Malaysia (75%), New Zealand (62%), Singapore (100%), and the United States (64%).
In total, 377,655,000 million people worldwide drink artificially fluoridated water. This represents 5% of the world’s population.
There are more people drinking fluoridated water in the United States than the rest of the world combined.
There is no difference in tooth decay between western nations that fluoridate their water and those that do not.

You can draw your own conclusions and think what you will. :smoking:

PHC1 05-29-2019 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jem666 (Post 966443)

Jacques, another point I wanted to mention about videos such as these and why they do not make much sense to me. All the words thrown around like "octilion", "septillion", "abiogenesis" all make for an entertaining listening for sure. Let's however simply consider the other side of those improbable odds...

Water, as is highly suggested by some scientists is not from this planet. Water does originate in the universe and not just on our planet and is present in various forms all throughout the universe. Carbon life, well, carbon life is also present for what seems to me the simple fact that as soon as our planet was able to accept the deliveries of those two elements, they were delivered. Our planet at its origin could not have harbored any life in those conditions as far as we know so we can only conclude that simple bacteria was delivered.

Now, we can debate as to the "delivery" method but let's just stick with a simple theory of asteroids, comets, etc... Scientists already know for a fact bacteria can survive cosmic trips and is quite good at it in fact.

So lets take the two facts and combine them into the end result, our planet full of life that has been going on (much sooner than we thought they are now saying). Statistically speaking we got "deliveries" of these goods asap, so what are the odds of that? High likely is it that the universe delivered us these rare goods by some "octillion" in one chance vs the odds that this happens quite often? How does one quantify or work in those sexy sounding "octillions", "septillions" into that equation?

Seems to me that the universe is brimming with life as it should. The evolved and highly intelligent life is a different question of course but I would not be so sure that we are the only evolved species out there as we some day may very well be surprised as to our true origins.... :smoking:

PHC1 05-29-2019 02:39 PM

Saw an interesting episode recently. Of course this will not be accepted by the mainstream science but the gentleman along with his colleagues proposed that there were advanced civilizations inhabiting the plains where now our oceans reside at some point in our history. The team found an appropriate sized crater where an icy meteor hit, on the bottom of the ocean floor before there was water there which fits the model of how much water it would have delivered to flood the areas.

Now these meteors spend millions to billions of years flying through the space regions where they accumulate dust, ice and keep growing into gigantic ice blobs. Then one day, bam! You got served.... :D

Interestingly enough using their technique, they noticed that the coastal areas of California and other places have what appears to be signs of river beds and ruts on the ocean floor which implies the ocean level was not even close to being there from the beginning.

Plato described the lost city of Atlantis in great detail. No idea where the information came from, we consider it to be "fiction". He did however mention the precise geometric irrigation canals the Atlantians had. There was an area the team found that seems to match the description. It wouldn't be the first time we found highly suspicious underwater structures that resemble man made structures. There are quite a few of those. So unless the primitive civilizations could build underwater.... The theory of the team makes much more sense!

So before we think we are the only advanced civilization that lived here on this planet, we better rethink that a bit. The fate of the previous advanced civilizations could very well be waiting for us just like NASA is always concerned about an asteroid threat to our existence. This has happened, it wiped out the dinosaurs and has probably happened not once but many times. We could be in the same boat some day...

Great biblical flood? What would a boat (an ARK) be doing on top of the mountain of Ararat? But they did find what appears to be remnants of a wooden ship on Mt.Ararat in Turkey.... :smoking:

Are these stories fantasies that we should not pay attention to? Are we that certain that the Egyptians built the Pyramids and there were no advanced civilizations before us?

In the face of advanced mathematical and astronomical knowledge our distant ancestors seemed to posses without the modern tools and scientific instruments we do? They were that observant to notice a degree or two of tilt of stars due to Earth's precession? Over two generations they noticed a degree or less worth of tilt? Keeping in mind they knew that and the Earth's precession takes 26,000 years, I don't know, OUR modern education in schools must be way inferior. :D

PHC1 05-29-2019 04:20 PM

I'm curious as to the pessimistic outlook to us being the only "special" and unique case of intelligent life in our vast universe from some scientists and skeptics. What exactly makes this planet or us unique that doesn't exist anywhere else in the universe? Based on everything I've ever read, heard or watched, there is not one single component that would make us or this planet unique. :no: I simply do not subscribe to the theory that life started here as a fluke and that has not happened anywhere else given the same ingredients and habitable zone planets with similar conditions of which there are countless numbers as we are starting to understand more and more.

We can argue about the level of intelligence until we are blue in the face but the fact is we are only few hundred thousand years old as evolved and intelligent homo sapien species of life.

Our planet is a relatively young 4.5 Billion vs the 14 Billion year old Universe. The technological progress we have achieved in only 100 years is enough to understand that an advanced civilization out there that is ten thousand to millions of years ahead of us and given similar rate of advancement would be in possession of technology that would indeed allow it to visit us if not in person then at least with their space exploration efforts as no doubt they have the same questions we do and would be exploring as we are now.

So here we are. Unidentified objects appearing all around us and doing things that clearly defy our understanding of physics and technology yet we argue that we are UNIQUE and ALONE in this universe. :scratch2:

So what is it that makes one think we are alone? I would love to hear your opinion to help me understand. :scratch2:

Still-One 05-29-2019 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHC1 (Post 966515)

So what is it that makes one think we are alone? I would love to hear your opinion to help me understand. :scratch2:

Whether we are or not is not something I even think about. Who cares? I'm more concerned about mankind's inability to care for and feed our growing population.

PHC1 05-29-2019 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still-One (Post 966518)
Whether we are or not is not something I even think about. Who cares? I'm more concerned about mankind's inability to care for and feed our growing population.

As I already hinted to as much in the other posts. The plan is already in action.

“Last summer a group of researchers from Hebrew University and Mount Sinai medical school published a study showing that sperm counts in the U.S., Europe, Australia, and New Zealand have fallen by more than 50 percent over the past four decades. (They judged data from the rest of the world to be insufficient to draw conclusions from, but there are studies suggesting that the trend could be worldwide.) That is to say: We are producing half the sperm our grandfathers did. We are half as fertile.”

PHC1 05-29-2019 05:01 PM

We should hope for the best and prepare for the worst,” said Hagai Levine, a lead author of the study. “And that is the possibility that we will become extinct.”

The results, when they came in, were clear. Not only were sperm counts per milliliter of semen down by more than 50 percent since 1973, but total sperm counts were down by almost 60 percent: We are producing less semen, and that semen has fewer sperm cells in it. This time around, even scientists who had been skeptical of past analyses had to admit that the study was all but unassailable. Jørgensen, in Copenhagen, told me that when he saw the results, he'd said aloud, “No, it cannot be true.” He had expected to see a past decline and then a leveling off. But he couldn't argue when the team ran the numbers again and again. The downward slope was unwavering.

PHC1 05-29-2019 05:09 PM

https://r.hswstatic.com/w_907/gif/no...e-1210-680.jpg

https://cdn.disclose.tv/sites/defaul...?itok=Z09wkmbm

https://cdn.disclose.tv/sites/defaul...?itok=_kMpZXS-

https://www.metabunk.org/data/MetaMi...720_210703.jpg

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/E0c7D48sTiY/maxresdefault.jpg

jdandy 05-29-2019 05:33 PM

It's getting heavy in here.

http://www.theridernews.com/wp-conte...rtoon1_WEB.jpg