AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Aurender (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   N30sa (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=50453)

JoeN 11-16-2021 09:43 AM

Awesome. They are both SOTA. I have the N30SA on order. Hopefully it will be here next week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimurastanley (Post 1048877)
Thanks. I manage to find just shortly after my previous post.

JoeN 11-21-2021 06:17 PM

I've had the N30 now for a few days. The improvement over the N100H and ACS10 that I've been streaming from is astounding. While it is still breaking in you can hear the difference in all sonic ranges. It is so musical. Wow!!!

JoeN 11-23-2021 12:30 PM

Ecki,

How long did it take your N30 to break in? I only have 30 hours on it so far, but I can tell mine is beginning to blossom some.

Solartiger 11-30-2021 01:33 PM

Quote:

I've had the N30 now for a few days. The improvement over the N100H and ACS10 that I've been streaming from is astounding. While it is still breaking in you can hear the difference in all sonic ranges. It is so musical. Wow!!!
Congratulations. It took long to sound perfect. It was 3 or 4 days of constant playing before the magic happened.

Lessons learned so far:

The critical listening mode sounds better!

I can connect via USB audio with a Shunyata Sigma cable (use the clock of the DAC) or AES
with an In-Akustik Reference Digital 2404 Air Pure Silver (use the clock of the Aurender). The AES signal path using the Aurender clock sounds clearly better.

Streaming through the Aurender sounds amazingly good too but local music clearly beats streaming.

JoeN 11-30-2021 02:09 PM

Thanks for your response. Mine is sounding better and better. Finally beginning to open up some. I’m using with an EMM DA2 v2 DAC and EMM PRE. It definitely sounds better on critical listening mode.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solartiger (Post 1049851)
Congratulations. It took long to sound perfect. It was 3 or 4 days of constant playing before the magic happened.

Lessons learned so far:

The critical listening mode sounds better!

I can connect via USB audio with a Shunyata Sigma cable (use the clock of the DAC) or AES
with an In-Akustik Reference Digital 2404 Air Pure Silver (use the clock of the Aurender). The AES signal path using the Aurender clock sounds clearly better.

Streaming through the Aurender sounds amazingly good too but local music clearly beats streaming.

Solartiger 11-30-2021 02:25 PM

Are you using USB or AES?

JoeN 11-30-2021 03:02 PM

USB - Shunyata Sigma. It sounds better with the EMM DAC. I haven’t tried a Gobel Lacorde Statement USB cable yet. They are supposed to be even better - which at this point I’m finding difficult to believe.

I have the EMM Transport coming and it will have an optical cable on it. The Aural Symphonics Optimism Fiber Optic is 2.5K. :scratch2:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solartiger (Post 1049855)
Are you using USB or AES?

Puma Cat 11-30-2021 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeN (Post 1049856)
USB - Shunyata Sigma. It sounds better with the EMM DAC. I haven’t tried a Gobel Lacorde Statement USB cable yet. They are supposed to be even better - which at this point I’m finding difficult to believe.

I have the EMM Transport coming and it will have an optical cable on it. The Aural Symphonics Optimism Fiber Optic is 2.5K. :scratch2:

Try the Shunyata Omega USB....it's a whole other level above the Sigma. :thumbsup:

JoeN 11-30-2021 07:27 PM

Ok I may do that. I need to compare it to the Gobel I mentioned above. Many thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puma Cat (Post 1049866)
Try the Shunyata Omega USB....it's a whole other level above the Sigma. :thumbsup:

imprezap2 12-01-2021 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeN (Post 1049856)

I found the following brand on the roonlabs forum (EmmLabs NS1 thread),
Lifatec Glass fiber cables, they make them also on request with the At&T connectors (EmmLabs), my dealer bought a few of them for 150,- USD a piece.
He is very happy with them, noticable improvement over the stock cable.