AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Wyred 4 Sound (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   New Wyred DACs with ESS 90xxPro (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=37561)

John49 02-13-2017 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 832085)
Thank you, gentlemen. I guess if I had just looked around a bit I would have found it. Appreciate the help.

Too much time spent with the K01X... Not as sharp as you were [emoji41]

jdandy 02-13-2017 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John49 (Post 832154)
Too much time spent with the K01X... Not as sharp as you were [emoji41]

John49.......I'll admit I have been preoccupied with the K-01X. The excitement has been tempered the last two day with a damn cold I picked up somewhere. I ran 101.8 fever last night, down this evening to 100. Sneezing, coughing, stuffed up nose, crappy sleep, and aching have all contributed to a less than ideal mood. I need to whip this bug to regain my mental sharpness.

crwilli 02-14-2017 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 832165)
John49.......I'll admit I have been preoccupied with the K-01X. The excitement has been tempered the last two day with a damn cold I picked up somewhere. I ran 101.8 fever last night, down this evening to 100. Sneezing, coughing, stuffed up nose, crappy sleep, and aching have all contributed to a less than ideal mood. I need to whip this bug to regain my mental sharpness.

Get well Dan! I prescribe lots of fluids and rest in your studio!

John49 02-14-2017 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crwilli (Post 832166)
Get well Dan! I prescribe lots of fluids and rest in your studio!

Yes, get well Dan.

Chad.Wagner 02-14-2017 02:11 AM

Get well!

birdland 02-23-2017 02:24 PM

Yes, get well soon.

birdland 02-23-2017 02:30 PM

I sent my DAC-2 DSDse in to be upgraded to a DAC-2v2SE and turn around was very fast. I think it was a couple of days. I received it last night. I listened to it for a few hours last night.

It seems that even though it was an upgrade, I still have to go through the recommended 200 hour burn in. The bass is exaggerated and some of the mids are bit recessed and there is a spittiness (please replace with appropriate word) to female voices.

On the positive side, there seems to be more clarity to instruments and sounds seem to linger longer such as piano cords, etc. The decay of instruments seems to be more natural instead of just quickly going to silence.

Once I get a chance to break the DAC in, I will post more impressions because I think it is unfair to talk about the sound right now.

Added Feb 24th:

I just want to add that I want to thank Wyred 4 Sound for their great products which can actually be upgraded! There are a number of audio products out there touting that they are future proof, etc. However, many of them have never had an upgrade at least not to the extent that Wyred 4 Sound has upgraded the DAC-2 to DAC-2 DSD to DAC-2 DSDse and now to DAC-2v2SE. I think Wyred 4 Sound should get a lot of praise for this.

birdland 02-23-2017 02:39 PM

I forgot to mention that at the moment I am using the 'Slow rolloff, linear phase' filter recommended by W4S and IIR Bandwidth of 50k. I did have 'Jitter Eliminator' set to LOWEST but this did not work well as I was getting pops and crackles even with the W4S RUR. I raised it to '***' for now. I will play with all of the above after burn in.

jrsub 02-25-2017 06:29 AM

I received my upgraded DAC-2v2 SE on Thursday and it has been burning in since. I too am using the default settings for now until it settles in. My initial experience is that I am hearing more clarity and detail with greater dynamics. I had a similar result as birdland with the Jitter eliminator setting on the lower setting causing noise and dropouts with DSD. I look at this as having a wider range of adjustments available for source material rather than an issue. No problem using the default setting of 3 asterisks with DSD.

birdland 02-25-2017 04:21 PM

Hi Jrsub:

I do agree that there is more clarity and detail. Did you find that the bass was exaggerated as well?