AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Automobiles (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   C7 Corvette.......Only a week away! (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=18336)

JWJW 01-06-2013 08:52 AM

C7 Corvette.......Only a week away!

Can't wait for the new C7 Vette to be unveiled next weekend in Detroit. I sold my 07' Z06 last summer to get the new C7. Come on 01-13-13! :D

djwhog 01-06-2013 09:07 AM

Do you have a list of all the options improvements etc on the new C7 over the Z06? I am sure like a ZR1 the insurance for this beast is more too :)

Robert_Anderson 01-06-2013 10:22 AM

I'm gonna wait until 2014 to trade in my '09 so they can work out the bugs.

1KW 01-06-2013 10:31 AM

I read that the C7 will not be available until next fall

vintage_tube 01-06-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1KW (Post 421841)
I read that the C7 will not be available until next fall

It previews this coming week to the press and the Detroit auto show is open to the public begining 01/19 thru the 27th.

A lot of hoopla surrounding the C7 and it will be one of the biggies of the show this year.

Bob

Still-One 01-06-2013 12:35 PM

This was copied from todays Detroit News

Now, how is this supposed to be fair?

No matter what boldly conceived concept vehicles or irresistible new cars and trucks are displayed at the 2013 North American International Auto Show, the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette rules over them.

At least four-dozen concept and new production vehicles will debut at Cobo Center during the show, which is open to the public from Jan. 19 to 27.

But the much-anticipated, seventh-generation Corvette is like the Blue Man Group showing up at Sunday school. Everybody wants to see it. They'll deliver their opinions, set dreams for the future and maybe place orders.

Throughout the past month, Chevrolet teased the 'Vette-loving public with a series of dramatic videos. One alludes to the new car's unprecedented level of electronic systems integration. The exciting shape and well-crafted interior are glimpsed in others.

The instantly recognizable 'Vette has more sharply creased character lines and dramatically peaked front fenders. Sills and spoilers flare further. Louvers and scoops abound — but designers eschewed the jet-fighter look, instead updating the recent tradition of a sly grin on the 'Vette's face.

Thanks to broad use of carbon fiber, magnesium and aluminum, the 'Vette will weigh about 10 percent less. Making approximately 450 horsepower, the 6.2-liter V-8 engine is outfitted with direct-injection technology and variable valve timing for more efficient combustion, but four cylinders shut down during relaxed highway cruising, helping the car to return excellent fuel economy.

Buyers will choose between an eight-speed automatic or seven-speed manual transmission.

Four tailpipes bunch together in the rear, providing a signature adios when the 'Vette pulls away. With specifications and design features like these, continued competitiveness with top-tier sports cars is assumed

Josquin des Prez 01-06-2013 01:42 PM

I would think the time to buy one is after Corvette Racing has had a chance to develop and teeth the race car. That is when you'll get the real improvements to the road going car. Until they've raced it it's not really done. :yes:

DonBattles 01-06-2013 01:47 PM

If this is what it's going to look like then I look's more like a Ferrari F12 Homage to me, at least from a profile view. You can decide if that's a good thing or not :scratch2:

2014 Chevrolet Corvette C7 Secret Info and Renderings - News - Car and Driver

Video Find: 2013 Ferrari F12 Berlinetta Unveiled, Driven By F1 Stars - WOT on Motor Trend

abenson 01-06-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWJW (Post 421814)
Can't wait for the new C7 Vette to be unveiled next weekend in Detroit. I sold my 07' Z06 last summer to get the new C7. Come on 01-13-13! :D

I also can't wait for the unveiling! I plan on running my 11 Grand Sport for a few more years but I know the new car is going to be awesome. I'm sure they have been tuning on the mag ride shocks along with less weight is going to make for a sweet machine.

KahunaCanuck 01-06-2013 03:55 PM

I too am looking forward to this...I hope the spy pic/renders are wrong about the square tailpipes though!

New Z06 should be out next year!