AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Aerial Acoustics (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   Aerial Acoustics (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=12952)

Masterlu 03-10-2012 02:36 PM

Aerial Acoustics

How many Aerial Acoustic fans/owners do we have here? Perhaps enough for a dedicated forum. :scratch2:

KahunaCanuck 03-10-2012 06:08 PM

Ive never heard them, but like their looks...

Burmester Bound 03-10-2012 06:12 PM

I owned Aerial 10t's back in the 90's and loved them.

Ritmo 03-10-2012 06:45 PM

Never had the chance to hear them.

Mike

chessman 03-10-2012 07:09 PM

I have never heard of them. :dunno:

Myles B. Astor 03-10-2012 08:05 PM

Very nice speakers that have always flown under the radar, in large part because they don't have a lot of dealers and don't buy a lot (any?) advertising. Plus Michael Kelly, a physicist who formerly worked with A/D/S before founding Aerial Acoustics, is one of the really nice guys in the industry! Hard to believe but Aerial has been around for 20 some odd years.

SP reviewed his speakers over the years. Haven't heard his latest designs but the older models always excelled at tonality and imaging. My major complaint is that they always sounds a touch rolled off. Would love to hear what Michael has done with his latest designs.

As a matter of fact, a good friend who is using VTL 450 Mk2s is thinking of replacing his Totem Winds with the new $9850 Aerial 7T.

Masterlu 03-10-2012 09:18 PM

I came very close to owning a pair of 10T's many moons ago.

trek737 03-12-2012 06:09 PM

I may be the only one here on AA with Aerial Acoustic speakers. Ivan I appreciate you bringing up the idea of a dedicated thread for Aerial, but it may be tough if I am the only one. :scratch2: Maybe I could have discussions with myself!:lmao:

It would be nice if there were a least a few folks in the Aerial group to talk with but I am afraid it is similar to the Anthem D2V group here.... we are not the majority!:no: More like a spec on the radar...

As someone said earlier Aerial Acoustics is a smaller company in relations to the B&W and some of the other more well known manufactures. I believe Michael Kelly majored in physics and got his MBA at MIT. He worked at a/d/s, and did some design work at Boston Acoustic and B&W before starting Aerial in 89'.. You will not meet a nicer guy in the business who is sincerely concerned about all of his customers.

I first experienced Aerial's speakers here in Houston at Audio Concepts in 2000, before Audio Concepts went belly up a few years ago. He makes a truly great speaker, but as was said earlier they are under the radar in some areas. I guess because they are a small company and do not have a lot of retailers carrying their products. I believe they do well over all, and sell over seas also.

A big HT enthusiast, who lives here in Houston, won "Best in Home of the Year Awards in the Gold Class of 250K+ in 2008" by Electronic Home magazine, has three of 20T V2's for his L/C/R speakers and they sound incredible!:music: :yes: He could have afforded or picked anything under the sun but for him these were it.

Here is a link to his HT:

Slideshows: Secret Entrance Leads to Old Opera House, by Steven Castle - EH Mag, Electronic House

I guess Michael Kelly has his niche of followers like other speaker companies do but when I mention Aerial Acoustics to the average person they of course have never heard of them, and as we have already seen here even the educated audiophile has maybe not been exposed to their products.

Either way thanks for thinking about the Aerial fans out there...
We appreciate it!:thumbsup:

yspm 04-24-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burmester Bound (Post 281285)
I owned Aerial 10t's back in the 90's and loved them.

I am still an enthusiastic 10T owner. Michel Kelly himself says that Novalith material is unbeatable, the only reason he no longer uses it is manufacturability costs. I bet you can do better today, but only incrementally and at vastly greater cost.

I have 2 10T's, CC3c center, SR3 surrounds and just recently jettisoned a pair of Velodyne FSR18's in favor of what I should have bought years ago, the best SW for music in the world, an Aerial SW12.

trek737 04-25-2012 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yspm (Post 302222)
I am still an enthusiastic 10T owner. Michel Kelly himself says that Novalith material is unbeatable, the only reason he no longer uses it is manufacturability costs. I bet you can do better today, but only incrementally and at vastly greater cost.

I have 2 10T's, CC3c center, SR3 surrounds and just recently jettisoned a pair of Velodyne FSR18's in favor of what I should have bought years ago, the best SW for music in the world, an Aerial SW12.

Great to finally meet another Aerial fan on AA!:banana: You have a great set of speakers indeed!:thumbsup: The SW12 was reviewed awhile back and the comments were the same as yours, best sub around! I will have to google it to see where I saw it at.

I still have my 7B's, CC3B, and love them. :music: The sad part is they are sitting in a spare bedroom until I can decided what to do with them. :scratch2:

I am a big Aerial fan and Michael Kelly has been great to work with so I went out and bought his 20T V2's, CC5, SR3's, and went from one SW12 to two! I could not be happier.:thumbsup:

Yspm, Welcome to AA and I hope to hear more from you as it is nice to see another Aerial Acoustic owner on AA! :thumbsup:

:welcome2.: