AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Hometown Section (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   Emerald Coast Audiophile Society (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=50687)

JoeN 12-22-2021 11:39 AM

Emerald Coast Audiophile Society

Meeting of the ECAS is on Feb 26, 2022 @ 5PM

Email for location.

Formerly YB-2 12-22-2021 12:10 PM

At your place so we can listen to your wonderful new additions?

JoeN 12-22-2021 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 (Post 1051540)
At your place so we can listen to your wonderful new additions?

At this time that is the plan. :banana:

FreddieFerric 12-31-2021 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeN (Post 1051536)
Meeting of the ECAS is on Feb 26, 2022 @ 5PM

Email for location.

Emerald Coast...as in Destin? Miramar...? That general area?

JoeN 12-31-2021 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreddieFerric (Post 1052119)
Emerald Coast...as in Destin? Miramar...? That general area?

Hi,

The next meeting will be in Freeport, just above Santa Rosa Beach (across the 331 bridge). It’s near the Bay.

Because of COVID we didn’t have any meetings in 2021. Our first meeting will be Feb 26, 2022 @ 5PM. At least that is the present plan.

We meet in different people’s homes. I’m not sure how many people will be back after a year?

FreddieFerric 12-31-2021 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeN (Post 1052126)
Hi,

The next meeting will be in Freeport, just above Santa Rosa Beach (across the 331 bridge). It’s near the Bay.

Because of COVID we didn’t have any meetings in 2021. Our first meeting will be Feb 26, 2022 @ 5PM. At least that is the present plan.

We meet in different people’s homes. I’m not sure how many people will be back after a year?

Sounds good. It's basically the same for us here. Our club, New Orleans Audio Society/Big Boys Audio Toys hasn't met in well over a year due to COVID. It's very unfortunate.

Even if we could pull off a meeting there's no telling how well attended it would be. And now with the Omicron varient being so easily trasmitted I'm sure it'll be well into the new year before we can begin that conversation again.

Do you guys accept out of towner members? Doubt I could make any meetings, but it would be nice just to communicate with like minds and be in the email chain.

JoeN 12-31-2021 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreddieFerric (Post 1052132)
Sounds good. It's basically the same for us here. Our club, New Orleans Audio Society/Big Boys Audio Toys hasn't met in well over a year due to COVID. It's very unfortunate.

Even if we could pull off a meeting there's no telling how well attended it would be. And now with the Omicron varient being so easily trasmitted I'm sure it'll be well into the new year before we can begin that conversation again.

Do you guys accept out of towner members? Doubt I could make any meetings, but it would be nice just to communicate with like minds and be in the email chain.

Yes, we are watching Omicron as well and may need to postpone until further into the year. Walton County, FL though hasn’t been hit that hard by COVID. We’ve only had 89 deaths due to COVID so far. 0 deaths in months.

While that’s far too many (1 is too many) with EGLIN AFB in Niceville (The largest AFB in the world, they travel all around the world) - 20 minutes away - it’s low IMO. Eglin is in Okaloosa County and they have had 559 deaths. No one here though wears masks unless they are visiting from the northern U.S. or foreigners.

If you love audio anyone is invited. We actually have had people attend from AL, LA and in FL as far away as Tallahassee and even one guy from Atlanta…. The people that have to drive a distance normally combine it with a trip to the beach - great idea. ….