AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Schiit (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Schiit Audio Yggdrasil Review (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=41915)

PHC1 01-18-2018 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Jordan (Post 893544)
Well Dan,

That was an incredibly detailed and more importantly, passionate review. It really gets right to the point at how well this product complements and fits into your very capable "living room" system and its potential to do the same for others. Anyone considering a new DAC should have this on their short list.

Of course, l would be in remiss not to make mention of Stephen's and Serge's earlier dipping into the Schiit honey as well.

Cheers to all and back to some listening!

Pretty sure it was Stephen who sailed on the SchiitFlower to the new land and brought the rest of us the tales of the new and wonderful DACs that await there.

Cohibaman 01-18-2018 12:28 AM

I don’t know what’s more impressive, the Yggdrasil or your writing ability. I read it twice and probably will several more times. Thanks for a very thought out and I’m sure, time consuming review. I’m really glad you not only gave Schiit a try, but are enjoying the Yaggi as much as you are.

Poppyhome 01-18-2018 12:54 AM

Dan........ Great review and I enjoyed reading your systematic approach of the entire process from beginning to end. This is a good reference for anyone contemplating a Yggy purchase and will help many, especially considering its affordable price point with performance that competes against DACS many multiples its cost. :thumbsup: A high performance DAC like the Yggy can really transform an ok system to a good one, and a good one into a great one. :music:

Hopefully Schiit will read this outstanding review and send you a nice little NOTE, thanking "The Retired Audiophile" :scratch2: for such high praises that will surely help their bottom-line.

Ron

jdandy 01-18-2018 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHC1 (Post 893547)
Well, as much as you enjoy writing and you obviously do, I thought it would be a fulfilling way to enjoy the gear and share your finding with the rest of the gang here on AA and perhaps capture an even bigger audience through youtube or a blog. I am sure if you reached out to some of the manufacturers and showed them your "portfolio" of reviews, they would be impressed. "The Retired Audiophile"? Does that have a nice ring to it for a youtube video channel or a blog? :scratch2:

Serge.......I like that, "The Retired Audiophile" might make a fun YouTube channel. I might have to give this idea some consideration. That's quite a creative title. Made me smile.

jdandy 01-18-2018 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poppyhome (Post 893552)
Dan........ Great review and I enjoyed reading your systematic approach of the entire process from beginning to end. This is a good reference for anyone contemplating a Yggy purchase and will help many, especially considering its affordable price point with performance that competes against DACS many multiples its cost. :thumbsup: A high performance DAC like the Yggy can really transform an ok system to a good one, and a good one into a great one. :music:

Hopefully Schiit will read this outstanding review and send you a nice little NOTE, thanking "The Retired Audiophile" :scratch2: for such high praises that will surely help their bottom-line.

Ron.......Thank you for the compliments. Schiit Audio will see this review because I emailed them a link to it. It will be interesting to see if they respond.

PHC1 01-18-2018 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 893553)
Serge.......I like that, "The Retired Audiophile" might make a fun YouTube channel. I might have to give this idea some consideration. That's quite a creative title. Made me smile.

Glad you like it Dan. :thumbsup: One other idea is to review new albums, I'd like to see more of that on youtube. :yes: Discussing the new LPs that come out for example, sound quality, musical content, etc. They don't have to be long either. Would be fun. Reach out to ElusiveDisc, SoundstageDirect, etc to see if they would be interested in sending you new LPs to review? :scratch2:

Soundmig 01-18-2018 03:21 AM

Thanks for the great review Dan. I've been on the Schiit bandwagon for almost 2 years now as that is when I bought my first Schiit DAC (a Bifrost MB). I recently stepped up to a Gumby, and now you have me thinking that I may need to take one more step up!!!

PHC1 01-18-2018 03:23 AM

Someone better notify Schiit to get that Yggdrasil assembly line cranking for the upcoming wave of orders. :D

Levitator 01-18-2018 08:13 AM

A truly excellent review Dan.

Thank you for taking the time to articulate as you have and share your passion with us all...

crwilli 01-18-2018 09:24 AM

Very well done as always Dan. ‘Passion, Fire and Grace’ with eloquence are your hallmarks.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Craig