AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Home Theater (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Anthem MRX 1140 installed (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=49470)

njcardave 01-31-2021 11:02 PM

Anthem MRX 1140 installed

Have the new Anthem MRX 1140 receiver up and running. I have it running in a 7.4.1 Atmos system. The user interface is pretty easy to navigate and after a little learning curve all the speakers are programmed. Will use the ARC Genesis calibration once the firmware update is installed. I did all the measurements with a tape measure and it sounds really good.

SomeGeoffGuy 03-23-2021 02:07 PM

After hearing Anthem at Axpona a couple years ago I totally want one of the new home theater receivers or processors. I am currently running 5.1 home theater off my Oppo, but I need more HDMI inputs than it offers (and it is clumsy switching from two channel to 5.1).

What made you go for the 1140? Are you running that many speakers? I was originally looking at the 540, but it looks like the 740 has assignable speaker outs which adds some nice felxibility.

Thank you.

-Geoff

njcardave 04-22-2021 10:37 PM

I had a McIntosh MX121 and during the COVID lockdown I decided to go to a 7.4.1 Atmos system. The Anthem MRX 1140 is a fantastic receiver. It was a no brained to purchase a receiver with all of the built in amplification.

SnowmaNick 05-10-2021 03:51 AM

How are you liking it? I’ve heard about some teething issues but Anthems really good at handling those and taking of their customers.

I have an Arcam AV40 that sounds great (for an av pre/pro), but am curious to see if the AVM90 is an actual successor to the late, great D2V.

I look forward to reading your further impress and congrats on the new AVR.

bart 05-10-2021 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnowmaNick (Post 1038153)
How are you liking it? I’ve heard about some teething issues but Anthems really good at handling those and taking of their customers.

I have an Arcam AV40 that sounds great (for an av pre/pro), but am curious to see if the AVM90 is an actual successor to the late, great D2V.

I look forward to reading your further impress and congrats on the new AVR.

The AVM90 seems like a very interesting processor, with DACs that offer true hi-res.

SomeGeoffGuy 05-11-2021 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njcardave (Post 1037269)
I had a McIntosh MX121 and during the COVID lockdown I decided to go to a 7.4.1 Atmos system. The Anthem MRX 1140 is a fantastic receiver. It was a no brained to purchase a receiver with all of the built in amplification.

I hear you. I like having separate amps, though. That way when the processor becomes dated, I don't have to start from scratch, its just plug and play. Of course, it would be nice if Anthem's processors were priced less than their receivers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnowmaNick (Post 1038153)

I hope so. I have read on finsta when Anthem posts, people are complaining that their room correction flat out doesn't work on the new processors. I am sure they will correct it if they haven't already.

-Geoff

dentlfly 05-12-2021 09:44 AM

i have a marantz 8802A processor and was thinking of the new anthem avm 70( word is the 90 may never happen). anyone compare the two? thx.

ed

bart 05-12-2021 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dentlfly (Post 1038283)
i have a marantz 8802A processor and was thinking of the new anthem avm 70( word is the 90 may never happen). anyone compare the two? thx.

ed

:lurk: