AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Cables Galore (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Full Shunyada loom or mix and match? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=50990)

Rich4284 03-22-2022 09:47 PM

Full Shunyada loom or mix and match?

Glad to finally be able to post. what a great forum you all have here.

Ive jumped headfirst into the cable journey. , i currently have a full Cardas clear reflection loom Cardas highspeed usb , Interconnects , Speaker cables and Power cords. i really enjoy the sound of my system which includes the Mcintosh c1100 , mc275 , holo may dac W/ Ifi supernova power cord , ifi zen stream w/ ifi extreme power supply, and jbl 4367s with 2 Sub18's.

if i had a wish list id like it to be a little more "clear" open extended maybe lift the vail a little more... but without losing that deep bass and full warm midrange or smooth overall presentation.

Ive ordered a shunyada sigma USB , wondering your thoughts on doing a full Alpha v2 loom Interconnects, speaker cables , power cables or would you pick some and choose others?

Thank you in advance.

JoeN 03-23-2022 08:05 AM

We have a full Shunyata loom in our system - except for the one optical cable, which I understand the Shunyata doesn’t make.

We use a mixture of Shunyata cables. Since we have a Shunyata Everest PC, everything is plugged into it with Alphas except the amps. The Everest makes it possible not to spend as much on power cables for the majority of our system. If you can it’s worth getting Omega USB and power cords for the amps and Everest …

On speaker cables we use Sigma V2s (huge difference from Alphas).

capici 03-26-2022 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeN (Post 1057716)
We have a full Shunyata loom in our system - except for the one optical cable, which I understand the Shunyata doesn’t make.

We use a mixture of Shunyata cables. Since we have a Shunyata Everest PC, everything is plugged into it with Alphas except the amps. The Everest makes it possible not to spend as much on power cables for the majority of our system. If you can it’s worth getting Omega USB and power cords for the amps and Everest …

On speaker cables we use Sigma V2s (huge difference from Alphas).

I think the general consensus is that it’s usually better to be consistent with a loom as the brand sonics would be consistent across your audio chain. However, seems many/most have mix and match.

Rich4284 04-03-2022 07:00 PM

Update

I currently have on hand

Wireworld platinum 8 usb
Shunyata sigma v2 usb
Cardas clear rev 1 xlr
Cardas clear reflection xlr
Cardas clear reflection speaker
Shunyata delta v2 xlr
Shunyata delta v2 speaker
Zenwave dsr xlr
Zenwave d4 xlr
Zenwave scr-14 speaker
Powercords are from vhaudio / some factory cords

I think my wife may be ready to shoot me lol I think ive tried every possible combination several times over the past several days in our living room where this system resides.

Equipment is McIntosh c1100 preamp , McIntosh mc275 amp , jbl 4367 speakers

The wining combination is without a doubt

Shunyata sigma v2 usb connecting my streamer to my holo may dac

Zenwave dsr xlr connecting the holo may dac to the c1100 preamp. The tonality smoothness clarity and focus is undeniable without being harsh in the slightest

Shunyata delta v2 between pre and amp , I felt this was the right balance , the d4 was too much the shunyata has the focus of the zenwave but mellows out the sound. I would be interested in a zenwave copper ribbon xlr interconnect.

Zenwave scr-14 speaker cables again The tonality smoothness clarity and focus is undeniable if anything id like a little more bottom end weight so I thing the scr11 is the solution.

Next up i want to get wireworld platinum xlr and Eclipse 8 speaker cables, shunyata alpha v2 xlr , clarus crimson xlr and speaker cables , audio sensibility signature speaker cables

GSOphile 04-03-2022 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich4284 (Post 1058420)
Update

I currently have on hand

Wireworld platinum 8 usb
Shunyata sigma v2 usb
Cardas clear rev 1 xlr
Cardas clear reflection xlr
Cardas clear reflection speaker
Shunyata delta v2 xlr
Shunyata delta v2 speaker
Zenware dsr xlr
Zenware d4 xlr
Zenware scr-14 speaker
Powercords are from vhaudio / some factory cords

I think my wife may be ready to shoot me lol I think ive tried every possible combination several times over the past several days in our living room where this system resides.

Equipment is McIntosh c1100 preamp , McIntosh mc275 amp , jbl 4367 speakers

The wining combination is without a doubt

Shunyata sigma v2 usb connecting my streamer to my holo may dac

Zenware dsr xlr connecting the holo may dac to the c1100 preamp. The tonality smoothness clarity and focus is undeniable without being harsh in the slightest

Shunyata delta v2 between pre and amp , I felt this was the right balance , the d4 was too much the shunyata has the focus of the zenware but mellows out the sound. I would be interested in a zenware copper ribbon xlr interconnect.

Zenware scr-14 speaker cables again The tonality smoothness clarity and focus is undeniable if anything id like a little more bottom end weight so I thing the scr11 is the solution.

Next up i want to get wireworld platinum xlr and Eclipse 8 speaker cables, shunyata alpha v2 xlr , clarus crimson xlr and speaker cables , audio sensibility signature speaker cables

Did you mean to say 'Zenwave'?

Rich4284 04-03-2022 07:37 PM

Oops yes updated its been a long week… haha

GSOphile 04-03-2022 09:03 PM

What are you using for power cables, power conditioner? I think most would agree that these will have a bigger influence on your sound than ICs/SCs, whose sound will reflect these choices.

Rich4284 04-03-2022 09:11 PM

Ive been able to pickup substantial differences with the ic and sc tested so far. Really pretty crazy

I havent really gotten into power cords yet i have 2 vhaudio cables on my amps and a ifi supernova on the dac , im going to see if dave at zenwave will send me his to try since ive been honestly most impressed with his offerings. i want to try shunyata , cardas, Clarus crimson , wireworld power cables.

I do have 4 new dedicated circuits being ran with cryoed romex and furutech outlets next week.

Rich4284 04-04-2022 07:53 PM

Wireworld eclipse 8 speaker cables
Wireworld platinum eclipse 8 xlr
Shunyata alpha v2 xlr

on the way