AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Canton Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Canton Ref K3s (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=52304)

aclearspot 06-11-2023 06:00 PM

Canton Ref K3s

Happy 8 year owner of Aerial 7Ts , but somebody scratched an itch. A seed was planted by you know who. So 5 weeks later ABF left a pallet in my driveway on a Friday. I'd like to say it was all good but warehouse people, forklift drivers , truck drivers can leave you wondering WTH. Anyway Monday was the bringing into the house(20 steps) and unboxing the heavy bastids. The younger aspiring guitarist who assisted wanted to hear them. I had been concerned that what sounded listenable on the Aerials would be unlistenable with the much better Cantons. So with speakers hooked up I stuck in the Paul Butterfield comp sitting on my rack. The music on that cd was recorded in 1965, whoah what are these new sounds. Elvin Bishops rhythm guitar was no longer buried in the mix. I spun XTC the Singles then went to bed. With 2 sets of speakers, I didnt listen to them for the rest of the week. Last night I hooked up the Aerials in anticipation of the impending sale. They still sound great but not K3 great. Now with only 1 pair of speakers in my smallish room I can enjoy breaking them in. Whats the sound like ? The sound stage is uncanny almost 3d like. With everything in neutral Im astounded at the
sound.With the speaker pointed straight ahead they disappear completely. The word that comes to mind is presence .The K3s have presence and authority,nothing seems to ruffle them

Masterlu 06-11-2023 06:36 PM

Outstanding! I couldn’t be happier for you reading your first post on the Canton K3’s. :ok:

aclearspot 06-24-2023 06:33 PM

I 've had the K3s a couple of weeks now. I've changed from the 8ohm to the 4ohm taps . Patricia Barbers " the beat goes on" will rattle your bones if played loudly. Little Village (Ry Cooder,John Hiatt, Nick Lowe and drummer Jim Keltner )produced and engineered by legendary Allen Sides/Lenny Waronker is a favorite of mine. The K3s make the recording come to life with Cooders slide moving around in the mix. Grammy award winning "after the rain"by 65 year old Irma Thomas, recorded in Maurice Louisiana puts me in the studio.The sound stage that is created by these speakers is uncanny. Al Greens " love and happiness"from 1972 still sounds fresh. The only cd that didnt move me was was John Hiatts "perfectly good guitar"it sounds pretty flat, as a simple stereo mix. That might change if I can get SWMBO to let me move the love seat from between the speakers. Perhaps I need to buy her a yoga retreat week end.

aclearspot 06-24-2023 06:37 PM

my K3s

1 Attachment(s)
couch has to move

Masterlu 06-24-2023 08:09 PM

Awesome! :ok: