AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Accuphase (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=154)
-   -   A-250 Monoblock Replacement (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=50690)

meltemi 02-24-2022 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iansr (Post 1055959)
genuine question: is Accuphase a company that replaces models just generate new sales (like Apple) or do they only replace if they have genuinely improved the item in question?

They only replace if they have genuinly improved the item in question.
In addition, in their 'technical information' they also tell you, what and how much they improved over the previous model.
And in my experience the sonic improvements are regularly even more impressive than the purely technical improvements would suggest.

Martin

Iansr 02-24-2022 06:36 PM

Does this mean that the latest iteration of an Accuphase amplifier with an obvious “bloodline” is always the best one? (That is by no means true of some amplifier brands I could name.)
Is there a general consensus about this or is it a controversial subject ? In particular are there any classic / vintage Accuphase amps that are considered by some to be the best they’ve ever made?

Masterlu 02-24-2022 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iansr (Post 1055977)
Does this mean that the latest iteration of an Accuphase amplifier with an obvious “bloodline” is always the best one? (That is by no means true of some amplifier brands I could name.)
Is there a general consensus about this or is it a controversial subject ? In particular are there any classic / vintage Accuphase amps that are considered by some to be the best they’ve ever made?

As an active Accuphase owner & dealer; I can tell you each replacement model far exceeds it’s predecessor by a substantial margin.

meltemi 02-24-2022 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 1055983)
As an active Accuphase owner & dealer; I can tell you each replacement model far exceeds it’s predecessor by a substantial margin.

:thumbsup: exactly

Martin

Iansr 02-25-2022 10:47 AM

Sometimes a manufacturer has to reluctantly make changes because some key components become “unobtanium” . . . .

meltemi 02-25-2022 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iansr (Post 1056023)
Sometimes a manufacturer has to reluctantly make changes because some key components become “unobtanium” . . . .

Accuphase is definitely not a manufacturer like any other. They won't even dream like doing such changes. If the new model was not technically and sonically superior than its predecessor, they won't produce it. Period.

MArtin

Kman 03-12-2022 07:46 PM

Hmm... any news yet on the "A300" (just making up names here) or whatever it will be called? I may be in the market for a pair. Also, anybody here compare their flagship stereo amp to their monoblocks from the same generation (i.e. A70 to A200) to see what the difference is between them? (I currently have a pair of A70s in dual mono config driving my speakers). Just trying to decide if there may be benefits to getting two A75s instead of the upcoming "A300" monoblocks at this time...

Masterlu 03-12-2022 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kman (Post 1057062)
Hmm... any news yet on the "A300" (just making up names here) or whatever it will be called? I may be in the market for a pair. Also, anybody here compare their flagship stereo amp to their monoblocks from the same generation (i.e. A70 to A200) to see what the difference is between them? (I currently have a pair of A70s in dual mono config driving my speakers). Just trying to decide if there may be benefits to getting two A75s instead of the upcoming "A300" monoblocks at this time...

Welcome… you will have a very long wait for the A-250 replacement. Well over a year Q3-23’ they won’t be manufactured till this June, in very small numbers.

I already have 6 pairs spoken for (most of the USA’s allocation). There is no comparison to their Flagship Monoblocks, to a pair of A75’s.

Kman 03-13-2022 12:48 AM

Informative… is there a secret handshake that gets one on the list?

Masterlu 03-13-2022 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kman (Post 1057076)
Informative… is there a secret handshake that gets one on the list?

Yes, become a Subscriber here;

https://www.audioaficionado.org/payments.php

Then send me a private message.