AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Turntables & Tonearms (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   New Kuzma 14 inch 4Point (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=31785)

FlexibleAudio 11-18-2015 11:29 PM

Trying again to see if anyone has heard anything about the new 14 inch Kuzma??

tima 11-19-2015 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlexibleAudio (Post 741449)
Trying again to see if anyone has heard anything about the new 14 inch Kuzma??

Not really since Munich. Is it shipping yet?

I suggest sending a note to Roy Gregory at The Audio Beat. You've read his review; he knows the 11" version inside out and follows the 'arm and Kuzma doings closely. Scott Markwell with Elite Audio Video Distribution is the US distributor.

"The 4POINT 14 differs from standard 4Point due almost 3 inches longer tube. But this requires different mounting distance and different headshell with different offset angle. It requires 12 inch mounting position on turntable."

"Technical data:
Mass: 2150 gr
Effective length : 353 mm ( 14 inch)
Mounting distance: 291 mm ( 12 inch )
Offset angle: 15.35 degrees
Distance from spindle to horizontal bearing: 342 mm
Effective mass: 19 g
VTA adjustment: yes
Azimuth adjustment: yes
Bias adjustment: yes
Vertical damping: yes
Horizontal damping: yes
Detachable headshell: yes ( one extra supplied)
Cables: silver
Arm mount: Kuzma cut
Optional: extra headshells, headshell containers, different wiring option"

I got an 11" yesterday. If you find out more about the 14", appreciate a follow up to this thread.

FlexibleAudio 11-19-2015 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tima (Post 741470)
Not really since Munich. Is it shipping yet?

I suggest sending a note to Roy Gregory at The Audio Beat. You've read his review; he knows the 11" version inside out and follows the 'arm and Kuzma doings closely. Scott Markwell with Elite Audio Video Distribution is the US distributor.

"The 4POINT 14 differs from standard 4Point due almost 3 inches longer tube. But this requires different mounting distance and different headshell with different offset angle. It requires 12 inch mounting position on turntable."

"Technical data:
Mass: 2150 gr
Effective length : 353 mm ( 14 inch)
Mounting distance: 291 mm ( 12 inch )
Offset angle: 15.35 degrees
Distance from spindle to horizontal bearing: 342 mm
Effective mass: 19 g
VTA adjustment: yes
Azimuth adjustment: yes
Bias adjustment: yes
Vertical damping: yes
Horizontal damping: yes
Detachable headshell: yes ( one extra supplied)
Cables: silver
Arm mount: Kuzma cut
Optional: extra headshells, headshell containers, different wiring option"

I got an 11" yesterday. If you find out more about the 14", appreciate a follow up to this thread.

Congrats on the 11". Fantastic tonearm. If I can get anything on the 14" performance I will post for sure. Thanks,

jmwick 12-12-2015 08:23 AM

I believe the Kuzma 14 inch was released around July 15th. In any event I ordered one and installed it on my Dr. Feickert Firebird back in mid October. It is built very well and the finish is identical to the 11inch 4 point. When I first unpacked it looked like a javelin, it's big!
However, having lived with it for two months I could not be happier; the sound is absolutely spectacular.

FlexibleAudio 12-12-2015 01:23 PM

Thanks for the info! May I ask what you compared it to?

FlexibleAudio 12-12-2015 01:29 PM

I forgot to start with CONGRATULATIONS!

Also, If you had the occasion to compare it to the 11" 4 Point can you describe how it differs?

Was it more finicky in set-up?

Masterlu 12-12-2015 10:51 PM

jmwick... Welcome to AA! :wave:

jmwick 12-13-2015 11:37 AM

I did not have the opportunity to compare it to the 11 inch other than to read and re-read all of the reviews of the 11 inch, particularly Fremer's. Of note is the fact that i was also looking for a new turntable at the time.
Once I decided on the Feickert Firebird, I observed that in many of the shows Feickert was displaying his tables with the Kuzma. That was pretty much it.
In terms of the set up, I was assisted or should I say I assisted a friend who works on turntables at a local high-end dealer. What made the set-up finicky was the fact that Smartractor positioning arm was not long enough to reach the pivoting point of the tone arm. However, once we figured that out the set up was pretty easy. A nice feature is that the azimuth adjustment is located at the rear of the tone arm tube as opposed to headshell.
I did consider other arms and tables, but this is where I ended up.
My previous set-up was a Sota Star Sapphire with an SME V.

jmwick 12-13-2015 11:39 AM

Masterlu, thank you for the welcome.

FlexibleAudio 12-13-2015 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmwick (Post 746742)
I did not have the opportunity to compare it to the 11 inch other than to read and re-read all of the reviews of the 11 inch, particularly Fremer's. Of note is the fact that i was also looking for a new turntable at the time.
Once I decided on the Feickert Firebird, I observed that in many of the shows Feickert was displaying his tables with the Kuzma. That was pretty much it.
In terms of the set up, I was assisted or should I say I assisted a friend who works on turntables at a local high-end dealer. What made the set-up finicky was the fact that Smartractor positioning arm was not long enough to reach the pivoting point of the tone arm. However, once we figured that out the set up was pretty easy. A nice feature is that the azimuth adjustment is located at the rear of the tone arm tube as opposed to headshell.
I did consider other arms and tables, but this is where I ended up.
My previous set-up was a Sota Star Sapphire with an SME V.

Thanks. The 14 inch has my attention.