AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   General Audio Discussion (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   MQA: Why We Should Resist It (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=42972)

tweet 05-20-2018 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crwilli (Post 915639)
Ha, There is that! On top of that, you might have to buy a new DAC and that is a non-starter.

Before the IT Society launched its major DAC attack on the citizens of AudioDom, the people of AudioDom talked about their dazzling stereo systems and carefully curated music collections with great joy.

The apocalyptical events of the IT Society had been predicted by Nostradamus and the wizards in Analogville, but the people of AudioDom ignored their pleas. The mighty DACs with their OnesAndZeros were much too powerful and quickly conquered the people of AudioDom. Soon the citizens of AudioDom were in panic, confused by the onslaught of OnesAndZeros. One by one their systems collapsed and the joy of music shifted to the Prime Directive - MQA.

Alas, the joy in AudioDom is no more...

jdandy 05-20-2018 05:36 PM

Terry.......:goodpost:

tweet 05-20-2018 09:01 PM

If the CD had been released in the internet age, we'd still be listening to cassette tape.

Still-One 05-21-2018 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweet (Post 915721)
If the CD had been released in the internet age, we'd still be listening to cassette tape.

If the CD was released in the internet ages everyone would continue to stream. :D

Mac6 05-21-2018 10:48 AM

I'll stick to my fantastic sounding vinyl, the good sounding CDs and SACDs, and the streaming for background and dinner music as is.

MQA lovers - knock yourselves out! I hope you enjoy it.

Josep 05-21-2018 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audioguy3107 (Post 915634)
My view on MQA......If I have to buy one more version of Dire Straits Brothers in Arms I’m gonna kill myself.

- Buck

[emoji1] [emoji1]

1KW 05-21-2018 02:11 PM

I am not sure why people are so resistant to new technology like MQA? I understand the arguments but having it free on Tidal was a no brainer to try it and many of the titles sound excellent so I’m happy. Ok so I’m only hearing 24 bit 88 and 96 k from my Aurender and it’s excellant. I have a feeling those who are against it don’t want to hear it or try and that’s fine . I’m not trying to convince anyone to do anything they don’t want to but I’m sure enjoying it .. oh it again it’s included on Tidal

runnin17 05-21-2018 02:19 PM

For me personally it is the DRM aspect of it. I am just not a supporter of DRM in principal and I don’t want it as a possible barrier to my music.

PMCH 05-21-2018 02:36 PM

MQA was worth the $50 it cost me for the N10 update. I already had Tidal CD quality, a N10 and MQA DAC. It sounds better than I thought it would but it does make me not want to play Tidal CD quality as much since I prefer the MQA versions much better.

Still-One 05-21-2018 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PMCH (Post 915776)
MQA was worth the $50 it cost me for the N10 update. I already had Tidal CD quality, a N10 and MQA DAC. It sounds better than I thought it would but it does make me not want to play Tidal CD quality as much since I prefer the MQA versions much better.

There is no "DRM". There is no way they can prevent you from playing music you own and keep on your servers.