AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Accuphase (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=154)
-   -   Things you do not like about Accuphase (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=27068)

harri009 06-09-2014 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 614126)
It's not gold, it is champagne... :beatnik: :D

:)

bart 06-09-2014 01:55 PM

Quote:

It's not gold, it is champagne... :beatnik:

:D

:lmao:

antipop 06-09-2014 01:58 PM

Quote:

It's not gold, it is champagne... :beatnik:

:D

It's like the Royal with Cheese :D

-E- 06-09-2014 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harri009 (Post 614123)
While I have never owned one of their products I personally dislike their front face plate, button appearance, and color. It reminds me of a gold 70's receiver, yuck. So for the price they ask I would never buy one of their products purely due to looks. I have seen many here comment how beautiful they are so I guess its all in the eyes of the beholder.

^^^QFT.

I cannot stand their design. It isn't "retro" nor is it "classic." It bring out what we so happily got rid of in 1974.

Now, I know the SQ is nice, especially on their pre and amps.

But still - the looks are right up there with what happened to BMW post-Bangle. If I ever plunged into Accuphase, I'd have to put wallpaper of flowers in my whole room, get green shag carpet, and grow an afro while wearing 4" disco boots. That and that reason alone make them a non-starter.

Volks 06-09-2014 03:38 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Accuphase Gold.........kinda reminds me of...........Gold Member :D

magoo 06-09-2014 04:20 PM

http://www.washingtonlife.com/wordpr.../Champagne.jpg

Wouldn't have it any other way :)

bvdiman 06-09-2014 05:45 PM

No shuffle play function in their DP900 transport. Maybe trivial, but I used it a lot when available.

djwhog 06-10-2014 08:58 PM

That I don't have the $$$$ to buy them for a 2nd system is my only complaint. I think there are a very good product :thumbsup:

w3ua 06-13-2014 01:05 AM

1. IR only controls, which indeed don't control many functions. That's what I call 1970s style, not looks. All my stuff controlled with some home automation system (different brands in different places -- Crestron, AMX, C4), integration of Accuphase is a PITA. They don't even have remote power switch, so I was forced to add outboard ethernet-controlled power strips just to switch components on and off.
2. SACD can't play multichannel disks. The most stupid thing they could do. If they wanted to stay in two channel world -- fine -- they could just reproduce two front channels, or do some downmixing. But they just ignore multichannel layer, and if there are no two channel layer, they just play CD. Shame. For this reason I sold my Accuphase player and replaced it with a modified Oppo. Didn't lose anything in SQ, but gained remote control and multichannel (downmixed to two channel) ability.
3. Pricing in the US is ridiculous. I buy my stuff in Japan. US dealers ignore me, I ignore them.
4. HS-link. Who needs this copy protection? Who cares?

Dave_72 06-13-2014 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 613996)
Not many complaints here at all, as I too own and really enjoy the brand.

I have no problem with the font size, need my glasses regardless.

Just about no advertising here in the USA that I have seen.

I would agree with you on the lack of helpful brochures/manuals; they should do a better job.

Here in the US we have the best and friendliest importer; Arturo from Axxis Audio Distribution.

I've met Arturo at at least 2 CES shows. He seems like a pretty cool guy. The only complaint are those prices compared to what they are in other countries...I understand all of the logistics, but competitive pricing would put Accuphase over the top, don't you think?