AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   General Off Topic (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   I'm Down With COVID (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=51410)

FreddieFerric 07-29-2022 12:57 PM

I'm Down With COVID

And feel like I got run over by a bus. This really sucks and it's only the first day.

Any suggestion on how to cope and maybe some treatment ideas?

Formerly YB-2 07-29-2022 01:21 PM

See your doctor. Ask about (but read thoroughly about its side-affects) Plaxovid.
One friend just got over Covid. Took him 16-days to test Covid-free. About the same as our daughter a few months ago.
Another friend has Covid now (tested positive on Tues). He is taking Plaxovid, despite the possible problems.
All reported similar "bad head-cold" symptoms for a few days and at least a week of feeling fine before testing negative.
Good luck with yours.

JoeN 07-29-2022 02:07 PM

FF, I'm so sorry. I hope get better soon. Our prayers are with you.

Coping: Meds I don't know, that's a doctor's duty, but music - well you know what I'm going to say ... :thumbsup:

dkorbal 07-29-2022 02:18 PM

Sorry to hear. I swear I had Covid a few weeks back but always tested negative with the home test. Had the head cold and headache for about a week.

Hope you get well soon.

Puma Cat 07-29-2022 02:31 PM

The medication referred to above is Paxlovid, not Plaxovid. It's quite effective.

Also get and take 10mL Sambucol (the syrup) 3X/day. Sambucol shears off the spike proteins that viruses use to bind to, and enter cells. It also works well for colds and flu. Large doses of (10,000 units) of Vitamin D3 are also helpful.

https://sambucolusa.com/products/bla...gaAnQREALw_wcB

FWIW, I kept my cat, Eddie, who became FIV+, alive for 5 years after he seroconverted by giving him Sambucol. Most cats only live 1 year after becoming FIV+. Sambucol really works; it was developed by an Israeli medical virologist. I also gave him MGN3, which ramps up NK cells (being a molecular biologist with a degree in Microbiology, and background in molecular immunology certainly helped Eddie. :thumbsup:)

Hope you feel better soon; the Sambucol can help with that.

-Stephen, your friendly neighborhood molecular biologist

Puma Cat 07-29-2022 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkorbal (Post 1064429)
Sorry to hear. I swear I had Covid a few weeks back but always tested negative with the home test. Had the head cold and headache for about a week.

Hope you get well soon.

It's possible the lateral flow test result was a false negative. All tests/assays have a false negative rate (this is because nothing is perfect).

Guidance from CDC is those who test negative, test again 24-48 hours after their first test.

Hope you're feeling better.

FreddieFerric 07-29-2022 05:28 PM

Thanks for the responses guys. I bought the Sambucol and have already dosed it. The doctor prescribed something called Lagevrio (Molnupiravir) whatever that is. I'm supposed to take 4 200 mg capsules every 12 hours for the next 5 days. That sounds like a lot of pills. :no:

It's Matzo Ball Soup tonight. Really looking forward to that. :yes:

JBT 07-29-2022 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreddieFerric (Post 1064421)
And feel like I got run over by a bus. This really sucks and it's only the first day.

Any suggestion on how to cope and maybe some treatment ideas?

5 thousand IUs of Vitamin D every morning combined with Zinc. Both are available at any good grocery, and drug stores. One thing they discovered back in mid 2020 people that got very sick from Covid more times than not had a low vitamin D count in their body.

Masterlu 07-29-2022 10:25 PM

Freddie… Geez, I sure hope you make a fast 100% recovery!

Puma Cat 07-30-2022 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBT (Post 1064445)
5 thousand IUs of Vitamin D every morning combined with Zinc. Both are available at any good grocery, and drug stores. One thing they discovered back in mid 2020 people that got very sick from Covid more times than not had a low vitamin D count in their body.

Zinc could be effective as the bivalent cation, Zn++, is an inhibitor of the RNA-dependent RNA polymerase (aka RdRP, or more informally as "replicase") that SARS-CoV-2 uses to replicate it's RNA genome once inside a cell, as well the 3C‑like proteinase (aka "3CLpro"), that is also required for the hydrolysis of viral polyproteins to functional viral proteins.

To do that with clinical efficacy though, i.e., get the intra-cellular concentration of Zn++ high enough to inhibit all intra-cellular replicase and 3CLpro, a zinc ionophore, e.g. pyrithione, would be required in conjunction with it, and therein lies "el problemo", as 1) there is presently limited supportive clinical data* for prevention and treatment potency of Zn++ in patients with COVID-19 in the first place, and 2) it is NOT safe to take pyrithione orally, it is only safe for topical use. So, it's not as simple as just taking a zinc supplement. Moreover, both Paxlovid and Molnupiravir are "EUAs" for C-19, so that would be best therapy after consulting with your physician (additionally, state-licensed pharmacists are authorized for prescribing Paxlovid). For folks who may be immune-compromised, Evusheld has an EUA for those folks, as well.

*–ref: A. Pormohammad, et. al., Intl. J. of Molecular Medicine, 11/20, pp. 326-334).