AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Shunyata Research (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Delta XC + Hydra Delta D6 = Oh my! (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=48121)

rjryan 08-01-2020 05:30 PM

Delta XC + Hydra Delta D6 = Oh my!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveM (Post 1009756)
Hi Ryan,

Go with the XC. Not only will you save yourself about $100 but it will perform better when using from the wall outlet to the Denali. Refer to what Caelin told me in the recent thread I started.

https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=48287

After hearing all of the glowing comments, I am anxiously waiting to receive my Shunyata order!

Dave

MacBook Pro (late 2016), Synergistic Research Atmosphere X USB cable, TEAC NT-505 with Atmosphere Alive Level 1 power cable, TEAC CG-10M, Alive Level 1 XLR with SR connectors, Parasound Halo A21+ with Foundation HC power cable, Foundation IRT bi-wire speaker cables, Revel PerformaBe F228Be

On order: Shunyata Research Denali 6000/S v2 with Sigma v2 XC power cable

Thanks for the link, Dave. It’s looking more and more like the way to go.

Ryan

rjryan 08-26-2020 08:49 AM

Delta XC and an additional Venom NR V10 on the way! Thanks for all of the feedback, folks!

jimtranr 08-26-2020 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjryan (Post 1012607)
Delta XC and an additional Venom NR V10 on the way! Thanks for all of the feedback, folks!

Congratulations. Let us know what you think after you've given the new PCs a little time to stretch their legs.

rjryan 08-26-2020 04:15 PM

Most definitely will, Jim!

I'm planning a trip around my system with the Venom between pre-amps and amps to see where it makes the most difference. Should be fun!

Ryan

Puma Cat 08-26-2020 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjryan (Post 1012607)

Let us know what you think. Personally, my guess is you will be REALLY happy.

Oh, and BTW, the new XC line of PCs for PDs are superb. The new VTX-Ag conductors really take these PCs to a new level.

Fabulous, just fabulous. :banana:

Puma Cat 08-26-2020 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjryan (Post 1012662)
Most definitely will, Jim!

I'm planning a trip around my system with the Venom between pre-amps and amps to see where it makes the most difference. Should be fun!

Ryan

Please let us know what you find out. More data for the "knowledge base".

BTW, I've been using that oft-overlooked nugget of gold, lying on the ground right in front of us, the Shunyata Venom HC V2 to power my DIY Pass AmpCamp amps running as bridged monoblocs and...they're fantastic. While this PC doesn't have the uber-trick fashion-plate styling of "fancy" power cords, let me assure folks that all the good stuff is on the inside, and I'm tellin' ya, this PC punches way above its price class. :thumbsup:

rjryan 09-01-2020 07:43 PM

Most definitely will! I very excited to hear what these things can do.

rjryan 09-25-2020 11:01 PM

Delta XC + Hydra Delta D6 = Oh my!

I was able to get the new cables into the system today.

After a bit of a listen to my system powered by Viper ETrons, I can tell you that putting the Delta XC on my Denali V1 was immediately noticeable in the best possible ways.

After a second brief listen, I also swapped out another ETron to my MC8207 with a Venom 10NR. Another big jump in performance. Mostly, this change made the background more inky black than it already was.

In sum, I’ve experienced faster transients and much more detail in the highs and mids. The bass is faster and more dimensional. Without exception, there is more realism to the instruments and voices. Just more engaging overall.

I’m playing Tidal through a C 2600 and can’t wait to spin some vinyl tomorrow as my system is more geared toward that medium...if my digital makes me smile, vinyl makes me cry tears of joy in comparison :-)

While these cables have been through a pre-burn, I’m sure they’ll settle in nicely after another 50 hours or so.

Thanks again for the insight, folks!

Ryan

jimtranr 09-30-2020 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjryan (Post 1015479)
In sum, I’ve experienced faster transients and much more detail in the highs and mids. The bass is faster and more dimensional. Without exception, there is more realism to the instruments and voices. Just more engaging overall.

That's consistent with what I hear.

Quote:

While these cables have been through a pre-burn, I’m sure they’ll settle in nicely after another 50 hours or so.
And, if my expernence is any guide, expect them to continue settling through about 140-150 playback hours.