AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   General Off Topic (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Three years already... (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=52070)

Vintage Pete 03-04-2023 08:14 PM

Three years already...

It's hard to believe, but...tomorrow marks the third anniversary of the passing of our good friend Dan aka jdandy. I still think of him all the time; I miss his posts, my visits with him, calling him just to chat audio and other musings, and much more. I often think of him as I'm playing my system and wish he could be here to see and hear the improvements made over the last three years. It just saddens me deeply...:tears:

A little less than three weeks ago, a longtime friend and colleague of mine passed away of cancer, just shy of 61 years old. His name was Jimmy. (ironically, Dan's first name was actually James, he just went by Dan). Although Jimmy wasn't an audiophile per se, he loved music, and was an excellent machinist. Those major parts that had to be machined in order to perform those modifications to my JBL L220's were machined by Jimmy, as well as some other smaller parts for my system. He sat next to me on the job for many years, and continued working very nearly to the end to support his family. I'm still trying to wrap my head around that loss.

So, when I play my system, I think of both of these fine people, dear friends of mine, taken way too soon. It brings tears to my eyes just writing this...:tears:

Masterlu 03-04-2023 08:27 PM

Pete… I feel your pain, and loss. Dan’s passing to me was like losing a family member. I think about him virtually every day, as I’m on AA daily; how can you not!

I’m so sorry to learn of your good friend Jimmy’s passing. :sigh:

I truly believe that somehow Dan is in the Lords realm, and can see and hear all you have done. He is so proud of you!

Although I don’t think my words can assuage what you are feeling; rest assured you are not alone in your thoughts, and grief.

cdobson 03-04-2023 11:09 PM

Pete - thanks for the reminder. While I did not know him personally, I too miss the information, continuity, curiosity and approachability he brought to this forum. We are lucky he left such a treasure trove of impressions, insights and observations of equipment and his life experiences.

Cohibaman 03-05-2023 01:02 AM

I think about Dan every day. He was a good man and is sorely missed.

Rojet2015 03-05-2023 01:56 AM

He is missed

audio bill 03-05-2023 08:35 AM

Dan's memory is a blessing.

miner 03-05-2023 12:26 PM

Dan will always be a fixture of AA. His contributions helped to make this site what it is.

Masterlu 03-05-2023 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miner (Post 1072430)
Dan will always be a fixture of AA. His contributions helped to make this site what it is.

Amen to that!