AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Shunyata Research (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Just gets better every day (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=49616)

Native Vermonter 03-02-2021 11:25 AM

Just gets better every day

1 Attachment(s)
Just blown away by the improvement in my system from my new Everest. Wish I’d had one since the day of its release...

My TV hasn't been on since I got it hooked up, and prolly won’t be for a good while.

Masterlu 03-02-2021 12:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Great news! :thumbsup:

https://www.audioaficionado.org/atta...1&d=1614702576

cleeds 03-02-2021 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 1033934)

... and that custom table is perfect!

Native Vermonter 03-02-2021 01:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by cleeds (Post 1033936)
... and that custom table is perfect!

Actually, I was in the middle of designing them (needed a pair) and went to all things everywhere, Amazon, for inspiration and presto they had pretty close to what I was drawing up. Woulda been cheaper to build my own, but time has a value too...

cleeds 03-02-2021 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Native Vermonter (Post 1033939)
Actually, I was in the middle of designing them (needed a pair) and went to all things everywhere, Amazon, for inspiration and presto they had pretty close to what I was drawing up ...

Hmmm, it looks as though the manufacturer may have copied your plans and quickly put them into production, which would be a violation of your copyright. You could probably sue for a fortune, but the time might be better spent enjoying your system.:ok:

Native Vermonter 03-02-2021 01:31 PM

That’s a splendid idea...but agree the time will be better spent with my arse planted in the middle of the couch.

I actually pray for rainy days; makes feel less guilty for accomplishing little in a day.

Native Vermonter 03-05-2021 12:46 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I had a platform custom made of hard rock maple by an Amish company in Ohio. Finished it with tung oil and a coat of poly last night. It rests on six Eden Sound Terrastone Pure
Cylinders that have elastomeric pads on the top and bottom.

The Everest is as stable and isolated as I can manage, and I honestly don’t think I’m gonna have to move it again which is a relief.

My last upgrade for the foreseeable future arrives today, a pair of Shunyata Omega AES for the DAC to Upsampler connection. They replace some Nordost Valhalla 2 AES cables that will hit the marketplace later today.

I am gonna have to live with the power cable mismatch on the preamp (it’s running on a Stealth V12 digital), and clock (it is running on a V18 preamp) for now, but TBH, I doubt there’d be much improvement from switching them around.

Life is good...

cleeds 03-05-2021 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Native Vermonter (Post 1034155)
I had a platform custom made of hard rock maple by an Amish company in Ohio. Finished it with tung oil and a coat of poly last night ... My last upgrade for the foreseeable future arrives today, a pair of Shunyata Omega AES for the DAC to Upsampler connection ...

Sweet! The Amish do some lovely wordworking and I've found they are very nice people, too.

Just out of curiosity, when you refer to your audio "forseeable future," just how far into your audio future can you see? I'd like to believe that I can see at least a year into that future, but I'd only be fooling myself.

Native Vermonter 03-05-2021 01:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by cleeds (Post 1034162)
Sweet! The Amish do some lovely wordworking and I've found they are very nice people, too.

Just out of curiosity, when you refer to your audio "forseeable future," just how far into your audio future can you see? I'd like to believe that I can see at least a year into that future, but I'd only be fooling myself.

I was discussing that very subject this morning with ‘Stasche, my GF’s cat. After I rambled on about power cords, isolation components, interconnects and such he just developed this glassey-eyed stare...kinda how I look after a long night of discovering new songs, and things in songs I’ve never heard before.

There are things about my system I’d like to change, but I’m only gonna get a marginal improvement from a mega outlay, and even I have my limits. Plus, there is a 12 string guitar I covet, and I just gotta have a new Nikon 500mm lens. Time to indulge the other hobbies...

In that vein, I’ve been accused of being self-indulgently decadent. I don’t believe that, I’m more decadently self-indulgent.

cleeds 03-05-2021 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Native Vermonter (Post 1034168)
I was discussing that very subject this morning with ‘Stasche, my GF’s cat. After I rambled on about power cords, isolation components, interconnects and such he just developed this glassey-eyed stare...

Oh, I know that look, and I don't even have a cat!