AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Vinyl & Accessories (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   What kind of Record Brush do you use? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=50745)

JoeN 01-10-2022 11:11 AM

What kind of Record Brush do you use?

2 Attachment(s)
We have an AudioQuest, but it is only so-so. The Levin Design Dry Cleaning Brush is the one we settled on. It’s made in Germany using hand-pulled horse or Chinese goat’s hair.

ACHiPo 01-10-2022 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeN (Post 1052932)
We have an AudioQuest, but it is only so-so. The Levin Design Dry Cleaning Brush is the one we settled on. It’s made in Germany using hand-pulled horse or Chinese goat’s hair.

Looks nice. How does it work?

Formerly YB-2 01-10-2022 07:29 PM

Used a Discwasher brush/fluid for years. Changed to an AudioTechnica brush with Pfan-Stat Pfanstiehl spray at the turn of the century and like the combo. Think I'm good.

audioguy3107 01-10-2022 07:37 PM

I use the AudioQuest brush as well, it’s useful for swiping a record if there’s some lint or something

- Buck

Antonmb 01-10-2022 07:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I’ve used Hunt EDA brushes for years, they work well. Last year I picked up a Ramar Berlin brush, works well and looks great. Attachment 66438

JoeN 01-10-2022 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACHiPo (Post 1052957)
Looks nice. How does it work?

I use a DeGritter first. It washes the record. Then I spin the record on the TT before lowering the arm. I use the brush - normally twice - by dragging it across the whole face of the record towards the edge of the record... It works very well.

hobie1dog 01-10-2022 08:41 PM

i believe mine is a Disc Doctor Miracle Brush

Masterlu 01-10-2022 09:50 PM

Furutech ASB-2 / hands down the best, but expensive.

https://hifiheaven.net/shop/image/ca...on-750x750.jpg

ASB-2 ion
Furutech Select Series Antistatic Brush

RATING

Furutech Select Series

ASB-2 ion

High Performance Antistatic Brush with built-in Ionizer.

FEATURES

A revolutionary static eliminating brush with a built-in ionizer for audio and video applications.

The ASB-2 ion is a revolutionary static eliminating brush incorporating the world's only core-and-sheath composite conductive acrylic fiber “COREBRID TMB” developed by Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation.

The ASB-2 ion deals a double blow to static with its dual static removal process: first, through corona discharge and second, a flow of static eliminating ions, allowing you to enjoy improved sound and image reproduction from your disc media (LPs, CDs, and Blu-ray discs). This revolutionary product solves in a simple brush and a pull of the lever the problem of electrostatic noise deteriorating sound and image quality.

Features:

Incredibly compact in size for an ion generator (Battery-free design: no power source required) the ASB-2 ion generates its own voltage with a piezoelectric element, eliminating static potential difference with a flow of positive and negative ions from a single lever operation.

Most antistatic brushes remove static electricity through corona discharge. However, brushing disc media to remove dust can often generate new floating static fields. The ASB-2 ion solves this problem with a final static eliminating punch – a built-in ionizer emitting a flow positive and negative ion, eliminating any static generated while brushing your disc media. The ASB-2’s built-in ionizer sends a flow of positive ions from the top of the brush handle when the lever is pressed and negative ions when the lever is released. The ASB-2 ion requires no batteries and can be used over and over again.

Optimized brush design for analog records:

Core-bridged TMB is an extremely thin short fiber with an outer diameter of only about 30μm. The bristles are thinner and more delicate than hair with a 50% mix of natural wool used to give the bristles more body. The bristles of the ASB-2 ion have been designed to penetrate deep into the grooves of analog records to remove hard-to-get-to dust.

Safe for use on sensitive equipment and componentry:

The highly electrical resistant surface of the fiber (core-and-sheath composite conductive acrylic fiber) reduces the risk of short-circuit when used on sensitive electronic components.

JoeN 01-10-2022 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 1052969)
Furutech ASB-2 / hands down the best, but expensive.

https://hifiheaven.net/shop/image/ca...on-750x750.jpg

Do you like this better than the Furutech Destat III ?

Masterlu 01-10-2022 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeN (Post 1052973)
Do you like this better than the Furutech Destat III ?

Night & Day better! I am a dealer as well, and “in stock”